Ansys maxwell 3d material library

In summary: Reduce the vertical force by using the damping factor. In the Materials Editor, go to the Damping tab and set the Damping Factor to 1.5. This will reduce the vertical force to about 2000 N.
snnttldb
hi everybody. i just wonder. can we add new material library in ansys maxwell 3d(v.16) manually. especially magnets?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, of course, go to Tools -> Edit Configured Libraries -> Materials -> Add Material and then from the dropdown menu (Calculate Properties) choose Permanent Magnet.

but i don't know properties of N50 magnet. İ just found Br value. i need Mu and Hc values too. where can i find ?

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/Permanent-Magnet-Selection-and-Design-Handbook.pdf [Broken]

http://cqxingying.en.alibaba.com/product/1289035910-218166817/Permanent_magnet_N35_N38_N40_N42_N45_N48_N50_N52_all_grades_of_monopole_strong_magnet.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your help

i just tried to add material N50 but i cant. could you tell me what i must do step by step if you know?

http://www.arnoldmagnetics.com/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=5053 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK

Mu is relative permeability. Mo*Mu is Slope of BH curve. If you guessed the curve of PM in the second quadrant linear, equation is

Mu*Mo=Br/Hc
Mo=4*pi*10^(-7)

For N50 is
Br=1.425
Hc=971 000

And Mu is: 1.167846519

If you want to enter the non-linear characteristic, then you must enter the point by point. In Maxwell Help, you have instructions for how to do it.

thank you so much :)

i just tried. add new material -> calculate for permanent magnet

new windows comes up and i entered Mu and Hc values in their spaces and Br values calculated automaticly 1,425 .
i click ok button. so new material is added. but i got a warning message. the message is:

" Material 'n50_deneme': The magnitude of Magnetic Coercivity is expected to be <= 0. If you use a positive value the direction used will be the opposite of the unit vector specified. (12:54:09 Eki 30, 2013) "

still i do my analysis. and the force i calculated is bigger than NdFe35. it seems it work :)

but i wonder about the warning. is it important ?

For Magnetic Coercivity you must put negative value: Hc=-971 000 A/m

ok. i will try negative value. thank you for your help

i change Hc value to negative and now it seems ok. thank you so much. may i ask what are you doing with maxwell?

Of course

I am doing design of electric machines

i am so new at maxwell . only two moths. so my question is really simple :) i want to do a linear motor simulation. and i am studying on

SEW-EURODRİVE

typ: SL2-P050S-010

motor. but my desing is not even close with it :S
do you have some advice for me?

Advice? :-) If you have any problems, you can ask me. If I knew, I'll help you

ok than if i send you my project, design could you take a look? and have some problems too. so i can ask them.

of course

1. What is Ansys maxwell 3d material library?

Ansys maxwell 3d material library is a collection of pre-defined materials and their corresponding properties that can be used in Ansys Maxwell 3D software for electromagnetic simulations. This library includes a variety of materials such as metals, dielectrics, and magnets, along with their electric, magnetic, and thermal properties.

2. How do I access the Ansys maxwell 3d material library?

To access the Ansys maxwell 3d material library, you need to have an active Ansys Maxwell 3D license. Once you have opened the software, you can go to the 'Materials' tab and click on the 'Library' button to access the material library.

3. Can I customize the materials in the Ansys maxwell 3d material library?

Yes, you can customize the materials in the Ansys maxwell 3d material library by editing their properties or creating new materials. You can also import materials from external sources or export materials to be used in other simulations.

4. How accurate are the materials in the Ansys maxwell 3d material library?

The materials in the Ansys maxwell 3d material library are based on extensive research and testing, and are known to be highly accurate. However, it is always recommended to verify the material properties for your specific application to ensure the most accurate results.

5. Is the Ansys maxwell 3d material library constantly updated?

Yes, the Ansys maxwell 3d material library is constantly updated with new materials and their properties as they become available. Ansys also releases updates to the software, which may include new materials or updates to existing materials in the library.