Antenna as a source of electricity

In summary, the conversation discusses the design of an antenna that can produce current from radio waves using the Faraday effect. The speaker asks for guidance on how to design the antenna and for technical knowledge and formulas to alter it for different frequencies and currents. The legality and feasibility of harvesting energy from ambient radio waves is also brought up. The thread is ultimately locked.
Deadevil
Hi everyone!
I need your help to design an antenna which produces current. Since i m not an engineer & have no technical knowledge.
So, here is the principle! Guid me how to design an antenna for radio waves or any other one which will produce a maximum attainable current from these by faraday effect in which current converted to ac current of suitable frequency or current which will provide current to main power or can be stored in a capacitors or battery & then to the main!
Kindly also give formulas or technical knowledge so that l can alter antenna with different frequencies & alternate current etc.
Also how many antennas can be prepared & at what distance they can be placed to get maximum advantage?
I will be please if anyone answer!
Thnx!

Engineering news on Phys.org
It was recently pointed out to me that harvesting energy from ambient radio waves is illegal because any substantial collection will alter the transmission for those in the shadow of the collector.

And even at that, I doubt you grasp just what scale of a device would be needed to collect a meaningful amount of power.

Thread locked.

But it isn't locked russ. To the OP: Seriously asking someone to do all the work for you that you describe seems a bit on the ludicrous side don't you think?

1. How does an antenna generate electricity?

An antenna generates electricity through a process called electromagnetic induction. This occurs when the antenna intercepts electromagnetic waves, such as radio waves, and converts their energy into electrical energy.

2. What types of antennas can be used as a source of electricity?

There are various types of antennas that can be used as a source of electricity, including dipole antennas, loop antennas, and Yagi antennas. The specific type of antenna used will depend on the desired frequency range and power output.

3. What are the advantages of using an antenna as a source of electricity?

One advantage is that antennas can generate electricity from a renewable source - electromagnetic waves. They also do not require any fuel or moving parts, making them a low-maintenance and potentially cost-effective option for power generation.

4. Are there any limitations to using an antenna as a source of electricity?

One limitation is that the amount of electricity generated by an antenna can be affected by external factors, such as weather conditions and interference from other electronic devices. Additionally, the amount of electricity produced may be relatively small compared to other power sources.

5. How can the electricity generated by an antenna be stored?

The electricity generated by an antenna can be stored in batteries or capacitors for later use. It can also be fed directly into a power grid or used to power electronic devices in real-time.