Any books on these topics in Analog electronics?

In summary, The conversation is about finding resources for a paper on Analog Electronics for a UG physics major. The person has found online lectures but needs material for the rest of the topics. They are looking for a book that properly explains the devices and circuits and provides necessary equations. The other person suggests Googling each sub-topic and provides links to some electronics sources.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
In our fourth semester academic curriculum, we have a paper on Analog Electronics. (For those who don't know: I am studying UG physics major.) I have found some good lectures online that cover a part of the course, but I don't have any material for the rest of the topics. The following topics were not covered in the online lectures:

syllabus_rest.png

Is there any good book that covers these topics? I want something that not only describes how the different devices/circuits work, but also derives the necessary equations properly.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is Analog electronics?

Analog electronics is a branch of electronics that deals with the study and design of circuits that use continuously variable signals, such as voltage or current, to represent information. It is used in various applications such as audio and video equipment, power supplies, and sensors.

2. What are some popular books on Analog electronics?

Some popular books on Analog electronics include "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill, "Analog Circuit Design: A Tutorial Guide to Applications and Solutions" by Bob Dobkin and Jim Williams, and "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk.

3. Are there any beginner-friendly books on Analog electronics?

Yes, there are several beginner-friendly books on Analog electronics such as "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims III, "Analog Electronics for Dummies" by Cathleen Shamieh and Gordon McComb, and "Analog Electronics: Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing" by David Crecraft and Stephen Gergely.

4. Can I find books on specific topics in Analog electronics?

Yes, there are many books that focus on specific topics in Analog electronics such as "Operational Amplifiers and Linear Integrated Circuits" by Robert F. Coughlin and Frederick F. Driscoll, "Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design" by Ned Mohan, and "Analog Filters" by Kendall Su and Steven W. Ellingson.

5. Are there any online resources for learning about Analog electronics?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning about Analog electronics such as tutorials, videos, and forums. Some popular websites include All About Circuits, Electronics Tutorials, and Analog Devices. Additionally, many books on Analog electronics also have accompanying online resources and exercises for further learning.