1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any good book on Advanced Laboratory physics?

1. May 18, 2013 #1
    Hi guys,do you have any suggested book on Laboratory physics? I mean something beyond simple freshman experiments such as verify Newton's second law, but still keep general viewpoints, and focus on important experiments in modern physics,for example the S-G experiment of spin magnetic moment.
    I’m a student on theoretical physics,mainly study condensed matter physics,after many years study, I found my knowledge on experimental physics is still very poor,I have some classmate on experimental physics and I tried to ask them about this. But they are too technical ,and they learned up everything in their laboratory without any systematic training, they can't help too much.

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2013 #2

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Napolitano has a nice book on lab physics.

4. May 20, 2013 #3
    thanks, would you tell me the name of this book? I remember this guy is the author of 2nd edition of J.J Sakurai's Modern quantum mechanics, an experimental physics.
    Experiments in modern physics, 2nd ed is it this one?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted