Applying Dalton's Law: From Popcorn Launchers to Innovative Products

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
I LOVE CHEM
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
s
Relevant Equations
s
Summary: TL;DR: Doing an assignment in which we are to apply Dalton's Law to a product to improve/ better it OR create a completely new product using the law. Let your creativity run wild!

Hi there! I am doing an assignment in which we are to apply Dalton's Law to a product to improve/ better it OR create a completely new product using the law.

An example of a new product could be a popcorn launcher (a "gun" that shoots kernels out of it). The group that is doing this is doing the Ideal Gas Law. In my case, I am doing "Dalton's Law," which seems to be a pretty intuitive, somewhat useless law to apply to an innovative product.

Desperate for ideas! Let your creativity run wild!

Reference: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/chemistry.83/post-thread
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I LOVE CHEM said:
Desperate for ideas! Let your creativity run wild!
Welcome to PF. We do not do your homework for you. Please post your best thoughts on this project, and we will then be able to comment. Thanks.
 
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF. We do not do your homework for you. Please post your best thoughts on this project, and we will then be able to comment. Thanks.
Now what ?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
I LOVE CHEM said:
Homework Statement:: s
Relevant Equations:: s

s

SammyS said:
Now what ?
Ah, the plot thickens. The OP apparently tried to delete his first post, perhaps because he didn't like that his attempt at cheating on his schoolwork exposed. Little does he know that Mentors have superpowers. Wait one...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: SammyS
I LOVE CHEM said:
Homework Statement:: s
Relevant Equations:: s

Summary: TL;DR: Doing an assignment in which we are to apply Dalton's Law to a product to improve/ better it OR create a completely new product using the law. Let your creativity run wild!

Hi there! I am doing an assignment in which we are to apply Dalton's Law to a product to improve/ better it OR create a completely new product using the law.

An example of a new product could be a popcorn launcher (a "gun" that shoots kernels out of it). The group that is doing this is doing the Ideal Gas Law. In my case, I am doing "Dalton's Law," which seems to be a pretty intuitive, somewhat useless law to apply to an innovative product.

Desperate for ideas! Let your creativity run wild!

Reference: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/chemistry.83/post-thread
@I LOVE CHEM -- please do not try to use PF to cheat on your homework. As you can see, your thread start has been restored and locked. Have a nice day.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander