They definitely have a different biological effect on humans because the light bulb is missing many frequencies that are found in sunlight. You can buy bulbs that produce a spectrum that is pretty much the same as sunlight. Of course you don't want the UV in your house. You can see the difference if you take photographs, especially using film, in sunlight, in incandescent and fluorescent light. In fact I recall buying special film to use for indoor photography.
So photons have variable energy depending on their frequency i.e. color for visible and they have brightness or intensity depending on just how many photons there are. People with seasonal affective disorder become quite depressed in the winter in areas that have low light and show significant improvement when expose to bright lights. I can recall a difficult time in my life when I used to go to KMart at night and just walk around because the bright light made me feel better. And improvement in a depressed person who has SAD is documented. At least we don't turn green from the added light.