1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are there any books about how to teach nuclear reactor physics?

1. Jul 21, 2017 #1
    Hello ,every one . I am a reactor physics teacher . I want to find some books or papers about how to teaching reactor physics. if you know it ,please tell me. Thank you very much.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2017 #2
    I'm unaware of such book. Traditional texts are Lamarsh, Henry, and Duderstadt. Older teachers tend to emphasize analytical solutions and to some extent numerical schemes. Younger teachers focus more on implementation of numerical methods and code development.

4. Jul 22, 2017 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Who are you teaching this to? You need to clearly specify your audience/students and their expected level of knowledge.

Zz.

5. Aug 8, 2017 #4

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

I loved Glasstone and Sessonske "Nuclear Reactor Engineering"
    this edition

upload_2017-8-8_20-43-14.png

it was practical with an excellent section on instrumentation that is not in my later edition.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted