Artificial human brain 10 years away

• Medical
  • Thread starter Rob060870
  • Start date
I wonder what it take to have to separate computer systems next to each other with several different systems for communicating, but no inherent(designed) knowledge (programming) of how to use these systems, exchange data. You create an algorithm that's purpose is to receive conformation of the exchange of a particular idea while expressing and idea of its own. It randomly generates data in an attempt at expressing that idea until it manages to "accidentally" use some means of communication that it has at its disposal. The other machine is trying to do the same thing. The experiment is concluded when both machines have exchanged their data with each-other and confirmed an accurate exchange.

You could, given enough time, create a unique form of communication by seeing the means by which the two systems have managed to communicate and by using what tools they two machines had available.

This, to me, would represent a form of simulated brain activity.

I wonder what it take to have to separate computer systems next to each other with several different systems for communicating, but no inherent(designed) knowledge (programming) of how to use these systems, exchange data. You create an algorithm that's purpose is to receive conformation of the exchange of a particular idea while expressing and idea of its own. It randomly generates data in an attempt at expressing that idea until it manages to "accidentally" use some means of communication that it has at its disposal. The other machine is trying to do the same thing. The experiment is concluded when both machines have exchanged their data with each-other and confirmed an accurate exchange.

You could, given enough time, create a unique form of communication by seeing the means by which the two systems have managed to communicate and by using what tools they two machines had available.

This, to me, would represent a form of simulated brain activity.

That's going to take a very long time indeed.

It took O(10^10) years and I'd guess O(10^10) biological entities on the planet at any given time to evolve consciousness. If we want to see same within our lifetimes, we should do better.