AS Level Physics Questions UK | Answers & Resources

• Thread starter face
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the person is asking for recommendations for websites with physics questions at AS level/college level. Another person suggests checking out a specific link on the website Physics Forums, and also mentions other links in their journal.
face
hi, I am from the UK and studying physics at AS Level/College level. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any websites with questions on physics at that level or something similar, I've tried to search on google but haven't found anything appropriate, thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Just goto :

https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&action=view&journalid=13790&perpage=10&page=3

There are quite a few links in there on physics...Scroll down to the "info on the web"-entry ...I can certainly recommend the last link...

regards
marlon

ps : there are some other links also in my journal...just browse through it if you want...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there! I am also from the UK and have studied physics at AS Level. There are a few websites that I found helpful when preparing for exams and practicing questions. One website that I highly recommend is Physics and Maths Tutor (www.physicsandmathstutor.com). They have a section specifically for AS Level physics with past papers, mark schemes, and model answers. Another website is ExamSolutions (www.examsolutions.net), which has video tutorials and practice questions for AS Level physics. Additionally, the website Physics Classroom (www.physicsclassroom.com) has interactive lessons, quizzes, and practice problems for each topic covered at AS Level. I hope these resources are helpful for you in your studies!

Related to AS Level Physics Questions UK | Answers & Resources

1. What is AS Level Physics?

AS Level Physics is an academic qualification in the United Kingdom that is typically taken by students in their first year of post-16 education (ages 16-17). It covers basic principles and concepts in physics, including mechanics, electricity, waves, and particles.

2. How are AS Level Physics exams structured?

AS Level Physics exams consist of two written papers, each lasting 1 hour and 30 minutes. The first paper covers topics such as mechanics and materials, while the second paper covers electricity, waves, and particles. There is also a practical endorsement component, which assesses students' skills in conducting experiments and analyzing data.

3. What are some resources for preparing for AS Level Physics exams?

There are many resources available for students preparing for AS Level Physics exams, including textbooks, revision guides, and online resources such as past papers and practice questions. Your school or college may also provide additional resources and support.

4. Is AS Level Physics a required subject for university?

AS Level Physics is not a required subject for university, but it is highly recommended for students interested in pursuing a degree in physics or a related field. It is also a useful subject for students interested in engineering, medicine, and other STEM fields.

5. What career opportunities are available for students with AS Level Physics qualifications?

AS Level Physics can open up a variety of career opportunities, including roles in engineering, research, teaching, and healthcare. It can also provide a solid foundation for further education in physics or related fields at the university level.