TV, Cat Treats, and Teddy Grahams: My Bedtime Snack Mix-up"

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, Lisa was watching TV last night in bed when she had an accidental snack of cat treats. She reports that the cat treats were pretty bland and that she's not particularly tempted to try them herself. The conversation then turns to Lisa's aunt who liked the cat treats and then to Lisa's cousins who didn't like them. The conversation concludes with Lisa's aunt's endorsement of the cat treats and a request for more data on Lisa's hypothesis.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Last night I was watching TV in bed. The room was dark.

The cat was sitting next to me so I was feeding her crunchy cat treats out of small blue plastic package. I was also eating some little teddy graham cookies out of a small blue plastic package. It only took about one chomp before I realized I had not stuffed a handful of teddy grahams into my mouth; I had reached into the wrong bag.

pleh. :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think this was karmic payback. I tricked some co-workers into eating white chocolate-covered dog biscuits once.

:rofl: So, how did the cat treats taste? I have never been tempted to try, but others have told me they're rather bland.

Oh MIH, that's gross and funny as hell!

I was once petting my dog's ears saying, "Aren't you the sweetest doggie? Such a good doggie! You have such big beautiful ears!" when she jerked her head up and her whole wet nose went right into my mouth.

ACK!

(I bet I'm one of the few people who know how dogs' noses taste. Salty, in case you're curious. Very salty.)

Milkbones are fairly good, if I do say so myself.

I'm thinking that's a mistake you only make once. I had been tempted to just try a kitty snack, and thank goodness, that temptation passed before I submitted to it.
Tell me, did the cat laugh at you?

Your cat probably had the same reaction to the Teddy Grahams!

hypatia said:
Tell me, did the cat laugh at you?

Nope, she was too busy chowing down the Teddy Grahams before she got caught. :biggrin:

Let me just say I can't recommend them. I think the cat thought it was hilarious. Funny, she'll eat my teddy grahams, but I think her snacks are horrible.

Lisa - I can't even imagine getting a mouthful of dog nose!

Watching tv in bed and snacking on cat biscuits, what a luxurious life.

lisab said:
Oh MIH, that's gross and funny as hell!

I was once petting my dog's ears saying, "Aren't you the sweetest doggie? Such a good doggie! You have such big beautiful ears!" when she jerked her head up and her whole wet nose went right into my mouth.

ACK!

(I bet I'm one of the few people who know how dogs' noses taste. Salty, in case you're curious. Very salty.)

hopefully the dog had just eaten some petzels to get his salty nose

wolram said:
Watching tv in bed and snacking on cat biscuits, what a luxurious life.

I really know how to live, don't I? Numb3rs was on, so I decided to treat myself to a little TV.

I used to split Milk Bones with my dog when I was a kid. I tried the Hartz Mountain dog treats, but they were pretty bad. Why did she like them?

Some dog food looks great IMO :rolleyes:

BryanP said:
Some dog food looks great IMO :rolleyes:

I think it's hilarious all the ones at the PetSmart dog treat buffet that look like regular cookies. I wonder how often they get confused with people cookies (and yes, I've been tempted to put them out as treats for the coworkers just to see the reactions...maybe one year I should do that for April Fool's Day).

Math Is Hard said:
I really know how to live, don't I? Numb3rs was on, so I decided to treat myself to a little TV.

Well i am sure you deserve a bit of luxury, watching some thing with a title like that makes me wonder if you are treating your self though.

rewebster said:
hopefully the dog had just eaten some petzels to get his salty nose

I don't think so...I kind of think that they're always salty. But I only have that one data point. If you want to test my hypothesis, go ahead and gather more data...let me know how it turns out :tongue2: !

I had so much hope for this thread after reading the first line...

... it still had a great ending though! :rofl:

I think only male dogs have a salty nose. Thats just my hypothesis.

Math Is Hard said:
I think this was karmic payback. I tricked some co-workers into eating white chocolate-covered dog biscuits once.

With Tsu and the cats in the house, I'm always worried about eating Almond Roca.

binzing said:
Milkbones are fairly good, if I do say so myself.

turbo-1 said:
I used to split Milk Bones with my dog when I was a kid.

Jeez, what a relief! I thought that I was the only human who likes those.

Danger said:
Jeez, what a relief! I thought that I was the only human who likes those.

My aunt likes them too, but I'm not sure if that's all that reassuring (she's always been a bit nuts...really fun, but nuts). She just decided to taste one to see if they were any good, and decided she liked them. My cousins didn't share her passion...they were persuaded to try them, but claimed they were very bland and too crunchy.

Moonbear said:
My aunt likes them too, but I'm not sure if that's all that reassuring (she's always been a bit nuts...really fun, but nuts). She just decided to taste one to see if they were any good, and decided she liked them. My cousins didn't share her passion...they were persuaded to try them, but claimed they were very bland and too crunchy.

This must be the one who taught everyone to make the pom-pom dogs!

Math Is Hard said:
This must be the one who taught everyone to make the pom-pom dogs!

How did you ever guess? :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
With Tsu and the cats in the house, I'm always worried about eating Almond Roca.

I've heard that dogs love Almond Roca. :biggrin:

I remember reading or hearing about two 'guys' in college who had moved out of the dorm setting eating dog food for about a year.---they made it to the national news.

1. What inspired you to mix TV, cat treats, and Teddy Grahams for a bedtime snack?

As a scientist, I am always experimenting with different combinations and flavors. One day, I ran out of my usual bedtime snacks and decided to mix together whatever I could find in my pantry. The result was surprisingly delicious and has become my go-to bedtime snack ever since.

2. Is it safe for humans to consume cat treats?

Yes, it is safe for humans to consume cat treats in moderation. Most cat treats are made with similar ingredients to human snacks, such as chicken, fish, and grains. However, they may not be as tasty to humans due to their lack of added flavorings and preservatives.

3. How did you come up with the idea of adding TV to your bedtime snack mix?

I often find myself eating in front of the TV before bed, so I thought, why not incorporate it into my bedtime snack? It adds an extra layer of entertainment and relaxation to my evening routine.

4. Are there any health benefits to this unique bedtime snack mix?

The mix of TV, cat treats, and Teddy Grahams may not be the healthiest snack option, but it does have some benefits. The cat treats provide a good source of protein, and the Teddy Grahams add a touch of sweetness. Plus, the combination of different textures and flavors can be satisfying and enjoyable to eat.

5. Do you have any other unusual snack mixes that you would recommend?

I am constantly trying out different snack mixes, but one of my favorites is popcorn, pretzels, and chocolate chips. The salty and sweet combination is irresistible. I also enjoy mixing nuts, dried fruit, and dark chocolate for a healthier snack option.