Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Attachments for messages

1. Aug 22, 2014 #1
    In this 'posts' editor there is an option to attach files and then 'insert image' as I am doing here. But you don't have that option in the 'messages' editor. Could it be included or is there a reason to avoid attachments in messages ?

PS: Good luck solving the 'example' graphic below!

attachment.php?attachmentid=72363&stc=1&d=1408701381.png

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2014 #2

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I solved it in about 20 seconds, not sure if I was over or under. What seems bizarre to me is that there are admissions tests for first graders. Is it perhaps even worse, a test for preschoolers to get into first grade? Are they even expected to be able to read? Are they expected to read the instructions in 3 seconds and then use 17 seconds to solve the problem?

4. Aug 22, 2014 #3
    < 5 seconds
    probably because I read too many mangas and kanji automatically has me reading right to left...

5. Aug 22, 2014 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

What do you mean "messages"? Like a private message?

6. Aug 22, 2014 #5
    Yes.

7. Aug 22, 2014 #6

Evo

You are correct, we do not allow attachments in private messages, my guess is it would cause too much of a load on the server, or it may simply not be an option of the forum software. I always upload pictures to a host and send the link.

8. Aug 22, 2014 #7

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

30 +/- 10 seconds

My guess is that I suffer more from vertical, rather than horizontal dyslexia, as I didn't start studying Parsi until about 5 years ago.

Though my penchant for IQ puzzles probably consumed the first 39 seconds. :wink:

9. Aug 22, 2014 #8

Evo

In keeping with my evil image of being a hunched back troll that just randomly goes around closing threads to be spiteful, thread closed. The OP's question has been answered and this is Feedback. (crawls back under her rock)

If someone wants to post this in Brain Teasers, they can.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  10. Aug 22, 2014 #9

Mark44

< 5 seconds for me. You just have to be able to read numbers that are written upside down...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook