Audiobooks or lectures to listen to at highschool-level

In summary, the conversation is about finding good lectures or audiobooks on high school/secondary mathematics or physics that a high school student could follow. One recommendation is Adrian Banner's Princeton lecture series on Calculus I and II, which is available for free on YouTube. Another suggestion is to purchase Banner's supplementary book on Amazon for around $20. It is mentioned that audiobooks may not be the best option due to the visual nature of these subjects.
WineRedPsy
(Not a 100% this goes here but oh well)
I imagine there's not a lot of this, since visual presentation is pretty important in these subjects, but does anyone know any good lectures or audiobooks on highscool/Secondary mathematics or physics that one could listen too while taking a promenade?
Edit: Or, if not high school stuff, things a high school student could follow or would maybe have the prereqs for?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Adrian Banner's Princeton lecture series on Calc I and Calc II was especially good, free on youtube. I know this stretches into post-sec mathematics, but it walks through basically all of single-variable calculus in a very precise way. Also, there is a cheap supplementary book by Adrian ~$20 on amazon.
P.S. I don't think audiobooks would be a good idea, since as you said "visual presentation is pretty important", if you just listened to the audio, the professor will often refer to things he's written on the board and you will be awfully confused.

Likes WineRedPsy

What are audiobooks and lectures?

Audiobooks are recordings of books being read aloud, while lectures are presentations or speeches given by a teacher or expert on a specific topic. They both serve as educational tools for students at the high school level.

What are the benefits of listening to audiobooks or lectures at high school level?

Listening to audiobooks or lectures can improve listening skills, comprehension, and critical thinking. They also allow students to learn at their own pace and in their preferred learning style.

How can I find audiobooks or lectures for high school level topics?

There are many online platforms that offer audiobooks and lectures for high school level subjects. Some examples include Audible, YouTube, and educational websites like Khan Academy.

Are there any disadvantages to using audiobooks or lectures for high school level learning?

One potential disadvantage is that students may miss out on visual aids and demonstrations that are often used in traditional classroom learning. They may also struggle with staying engaged and focused while listening for an extended period of time.

Is it better to use audiobooks or lectures as a supplement or replacement for traditional classroom learning?

It ultimately depends on the individual student and their learning style. For some, audiobooks or lectures may be a helpful supplement to classroom learning, while for others it may be a suitable replacement. It's important for students to experiment and find what works best for them.