Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Autodesk Inventor modeling request

1. Aug 18, 2012 #1
    I need a mechanical device modeled in Autodesk Inventor, but I just started teaching myself the program about a week ago, and I can see it's going to take a long time to become proficient at it. I'm an artist, not an engineer.

So I'm looking for a mechanical engineer that is skilled with this program who will altruistically model the device for me. I think it would be pretty easy (maybe take a couple hours, maybe less) for someone who actually knows what they're doing; it only has three unique parts, and two of them are simple shapes. Total part count is eleven.

If you're interested in helping me out, PM me and I'll give you the details and my email address to mail the part and assembly files to.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2012 #2
    I'd like to help you out, but I just don't have the time.

4. Aug 20, 2012 #3
    Oh. Well, I'm not in a rush, if that makes it possible?

Ideally I'd like it in a month or so, but really beggars can't be choosers.

5. Aug 22, 2012 #4

LJW

In the same boat as Vadar. Finding an engineer to do modelling for free won't be an easy task.

6. Aug 24, 2012 #5

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's easy to find an engineering services company that will model anything you like, but you have to pay for it. Mechanical CAD software is very expensive- you can't expect someone to start their own company, purhcase said software for thousands of dollars, and then give away their labor on it for free...

7. Sep 4, 2012 #6
    I can't afford to. I'm a broke college student.

Someone volunteered though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook