Autodesk Inventor modeling request

In summary, the speaker is an artist who needs a mechanical device modeled in Autodesk Inventor. They are looking for a skilled mechanical engineer who can altruistically help them with the modeling as they have only been using the program for a week and it would take them a long time to become proficient at it. The device has three unique parts and a total of eleven parts. The speaker is willing to wait a month or so for the model to be completed. However, finding an engineer to do the modeling for free may be difficult as mechanical CAD software is expensive and most engineering services companies charge for modeling. The speaker is a broke college student and cannot afford to pay for the modeling, but someone has volunteered to help them.
SkepticJ
I need a mechanical device modeled in Autodesk Inventor, but I just started teaching myself the program about a week ago, and I can see it's going to take a long time to become proficient at it. I'm an artist, not an engineer.

So I'm looking for a mechanical engineer that is skilled with this program who will altruistically model the device for me. I think it would be pretty easy (maybe take a couple hours, maybe less) for someone who actually knows what they're doing; it only has three unique parts, and two of them are simple shapes. Total part count is eleven.

If you're interested in helping me out, PM me and I'll give you the details and my email address to mail the part and assembly files to.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'd like to help you out, but I just don't have the time.

Oh. Well, I'm not in a rush, if that makes it possible?

Ideally I'd like it in a month or so, but really beggars can't be choosers.

In the same boat as Vadar. Finding an engineer to do modelling for free won't be an easy task.

It's easy to find an engineering services company that will model anything you like, but you have to pay for it. Mechanical CAD software is very expensive- you can't expect someone to start their own company, purhcase said software for thousands of dollars, and then give away their labor on it for free...

I can't afford to. I'm a broke college student.

Someone volunteered though.

1. What is Autodesk Inventor modeling request?

Autodesk Inventor modeling request is a software tool used for creating 3D digital prototypes of products. It allows users to design, visualize, and simulate products before they are built, making the design process more efficient and cost-effective.

2. What are the benefits of using Autodesk Inventor for modeling?

There are several benefits of using Autodesk Inventor for modeling. It offers a wide range of tools and features for creating complex designs, including parametric modeling, assembly design, and 3D printing capabilities. It also allows for collaboration and data management, making it easier for teams to work together on a project.

3. Is Autodesk Inventor suitable for both beginners and advanced users?

Yes, Autodesk Inventor is suitable for both beginners and advanced users. It has a user-friendly interface and offers tutorials and training materials for beginners to learn the basics. Advanced users can take advantage of its advanced features and customization options to create more complex designs.

4. Can Autodesk Inventor be used for any type of product design?

Yes, Autodesk Inventor can be used for a wide range of product designs, including mechanical, electrical, and architectural designs. It also offers specialized tools for specific industries, such as automotive, aerospace, and consumer products.

5. How does Autodesk Inventor compare to other modeling software?

Autodesk Inventor is considered one of the top modeling software in the industry. It offers a comprehensive set of tools and features, as well as seamless integration with other Autodesk software. It also has a large community of users, providing support and resources for users to improve their skills and knowledge.