Awesome Games Done Quick 2019: Watch the Ultimate Speedrunning Charity Marathon!

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games
In summary, the annual Awesome Games Done Quick speedrunning charity marathon is currently happening, with skilled speedrunners showcasing their talents in destroying favorite video games all week long. All proceeds from the event will go to charity, so make sure to tune in and donate a buck or two. This event is organized by the same people who host the Summer Games Done Quick event.
Drakkith
Mentor
The annual Awesome Games Done Quick speedrunning charity marathon is here! Everyone who enjoys video games should tune into watch your favorite games get destroyed by skilled speedrunners all week long. All proceeds go to charity, so stop by and donate a buck or two!

Watch here: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
Main Website: https://gamesdonequick.com/

Likes Greg Bernhardt and scottdave
Physics news on Phys.org
LOL, I read "Games Done Quick" and thought about a game jam, probably because I am just organizing one :smile:

Likes Drakkith
Woohoo I love this stuff. These guys are so talented! I thought this was in summer though!

Likes Drakkith
Greg Bernhardt said:
Woohoo I love this stuff. These guys are so talented! I thought this was in summer though!

That's Summer Games Done Quick! AGDQ and SGDQ both happen each year and are put together by the same people.

Drakkith said:
That's Summer Games Done Quick! AGDQ and SGDQ both happen each year and are put together by the same people.
lol duh :biggrin:

1. What is Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ)?

AGDQ is an annual charity event where gamers come together to showcase their skills in speedrunning popular video games. The event is live-streamed and raises money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

2. When and where is AGDQ 2019 taking place?

AGDQ 2019 will take place from January 6-13, 2019 in Rockville, Maryland.

3. How can I watch AGDQ 2019?

AGDQ 2019 will be live-streamed on the Games Done Quick Twitch channel. You can also watch previous runs on their YouTube channel.

4. Who can participate in AGDQ 2019?

Anyone with a passion for speedrunning and a desire to support a good cause can participate in AGDQ 2019. However, only selected runners are chosen to showcase their skills during the event.

5. How much money has AGDQ raised for charity so far?

As of 2018, AGDQ has raised over $16 million for various charities, including the Prevent Cancer Foundation and Doctors Without Borders.