Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bad movies

1. Aug 12, 2006 #1

Gold Member

I went to see pulse in theaters today, someo of the worst acting I have ever seen...The priginal was 100x better

then again, most movies this year have sucked unimaginably...:frown: (date movie, scary movie 4, etc.)

I have also recenty come accross cheerleader ninjas, don't watch that movie, it sucks
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2006 #2
    Miami Vice was pretty weak.
  4. Aug 12, 2006 #3
    scary movie 4 was hilarious!

"where am i?"
    "you are being held against your will" (or sumtin like that)
    "is that you kobe?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  5. Aug 12, 2006 #4
    Time Bandits. Now that is a bad movie.
  6. Aug 12, 2006 #5

Gold Member

WHAT???? Time Bandits was GREAT!

I just saw Little Miss Sunshine. It was really good.

But it might not be your cuppa.
  7. Aug 12, 2006 #6

Gold Member

House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark also deserve to be in this thread
  8. Aug 12, 2006 #7
    didn't the Da vinci code help kill franzbear?
  9. Aug 12, 2006 #8

Gold Member

That was kinda bad, but not THAT bad, but I do believe it did help kill franzbear....

Evo, where is franzbear? :cry:
  10. Aug 12, 2006 #9

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You have to admit that it must be an incredible movie to be disliked by exactly one person!

Time bandits is one of my favorite movies. It has an awesome ending.

"Mum! Dad! Don't touch it! It's Evil!" (Boom!)
  11. Aug 12, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Matrix
    A Boy and His Dog
    All horror stuff
    Most other stuff...

I'm a tough sell though since I think at least 9 out of every 10 movies are garbage. However, I will watch any Sci-Fi garbage no matter how bad, provided that it isn't really just horror or fantasy masquerading as Sci-Fi.
  12. Aug 12, 2006 #11

Gold Member

The only two movies that I've been unable to watch for more than a half-hour or so because they're so horrible are 'Lost in America' and 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin'. I can't for the life of me figure out how either one of them managed to get released.
  13. Aug 12, 2006 #12

Gold Member

If you ever see alien 51 for sale, buy it, it's so bad, it's laughable...

and it starrs Heidi Fleiss :yuck:
  14. Aug 12, 2006 #13

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"Lost in America"! I agree with that one! I went with my girlfriend when it was in the theater and I had to walk out. Some people will go on and on about the comic genius of Al Brooks, but that movie stank up his entire carreer as far as I'm concerned. Had to watch "Network News" again to learn that he can actually act.
  15. Aug 12, 2006 #14
    Man you are a tough sell, stick to reading books is my advice, but sometimes just sometimes a film outdoes a book.

I agree especially atm we are in the doledrums of good films, with so many remakes of films that already were great and the remakes really were worse. It seems all the originality has gone out of film making. Lord of the Rings was worth a watch, but since then, man I've stopped renting DVD's scarey movie one great, the rest garbage? And I could go on all night about crappy sequels, suffice to say Hollywood and others stop selling the same old same old, we're tired of the mediocrity.:smile:

Bad movies are only good if there so bad their funny, Pearl Harbour is a case in point, rewriting history is often hilarious :smile: especially with trite one liners to boot:-

Admiral Yamamoto: I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant.

Danny: I think World War II just started.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle: There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.

Evelyn: Do you ever wonder if this war's going to catch up with us?

Rafe: Not anxious to die sir, just anxious to matter.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle: Victory belongs to those who believe in it the most and believe in it the longest. We're gonna believe. We're gonna make America believe too.

Rafe: That's what I want to come home to, that's what I want to have to think about and dream about. I wanna know that the best part of my life is still ahead of me.

Yuck did they write this whole movie based on sentimentality
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  16. Aug 12, 2006 #15
    40 yr old virgin is HILARIOUS! I guess its a specific type of humour though... very teenage oriented.
  17. Aug 12, 2006 #16

Science Advisor

I really liked that movie too, even if it was easy to see the plot. I thought it was pretty darned funny. "You know how I know you're gay???"
  18. Aug 12, 2006 #17
    lol, "because your gay? and you can tell who other gay people are?"
  19. Aug 12, 2006 #18
    Star Wars episode I.
  20. Aug 12, 2006 #19

Gold Member

All of the new Star Wars sucked
  21. Aug 12, 2006 #20
    All of Star Wars sucked!

What was that movie that had Jamie Foxx in it, he was a pilot, and there was some computer controlled plane (jet?), and yeah, that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!

edit... The movie I was thinking about is called Stealth, and it was terrible.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?