Horrors of the Movie Theater: 2020 Edition

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the original pulse was much better but this year's movies have all sucked. The scary movie 4 was hilarious, but don't watch Miami Vice, it's weak. Time Bandits is one of my favorite movies, and House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark also deserve to be in this thread. However, the Da Vinci code helped kill Franzbear. Evo, where is Franzbear? Time Bandits is one of my favorite movies, but it's bad.
JamesU
Gold Member
I went to see pulse in theaters today, someo of the worst acting I have ever seen...The priginal was 100x better

then again, most movies this year have sucked unimaginably...:frown: (date movie, scary movie 4, etc.)

I have also recenty come across cheerleader ninjas, don't watch that movie, it sucks

Physics news on Phys.org
Miami Vice was pretty weak.

scary movie 4 was hilarious!

"where am i?"
"you are being held against your will" (or sumtin like that)
"is that you kobe?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Time Bandits. Now that is a bad movie.

WHAT? Time Bandits was GREAT!

I just saw Little Miss Sunshine. It was really good.

But it might not be your cuppa.

House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark also deserve to be in this thread

didn't the Da vinci code help kill franzbear?

That was kinda bad, but not THAT bad, but I do believe it did help kill franzbear...

Evo, where is franzbear? :cry:

Mattara said:
Time Bandits. Now that is a bad movie.
You have to admit that it must be an incredible movie to be disliked by exactly one person!

Time bandits is one of my favorite movies. It has an awesome ending.

"Mum! Dad! Don't touch it! It's Evil!" (Boom!)

The Matrix
A Boy and His Dog
All horror stuff
Most other stuff...

I'm a tough sell though since I think at least 9 out of every 10 movies are garbage. However, I will watch any Sci-Fi garbage no matter how bad, provided that it isn't really just horror or fantasy masquerading as Sci-Fi.

The only two movies that I've been unable to watch for more than a half-hour or so because they're so horrible are 'Lost in America' and 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin'. I can't for the life of me figure out how either one of them managed to get released.

If you ever see alien 51 for sale, buy it, it's so bad, it's laughable...

and it starrs Heidi Fleiss :yuck:

Danger said:
The only two movies that I've been unable to watch for more than a half-hour or so because they're so horrible are 'Lost in America' and 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin'. I can't for the life of me figure out how either one of them managed to get released.
"Lost in America"! I agree with that one! I went with my girlfriend when it was in the theater and I had to walk out. Some people will go on and on about the comic genius of Al Brooks, but that movie stank up his entire carreer as far as I'm concerned. Had to watch "Network News" again to learn that he can actually act.

Ivan Seeking said:
The Matrix
A Boy and His Dog
All horror stuff
Most other stuff...

I'm a tough sell though since I think at least 9 out of every 10 movies are garbage. However, I will watch any Sci-Fi garbage no matter how bad, provided that it isn't really just horror or fantasy masquerading as Sci-Fi.

Man you are a tough sell, stick to reading books is my advice, but sometimes just sometimes a film outdoes a book.

I agree especially atm we are in the doledrums of good films, with so many remakes of films that already were great and the remakes really were worse. It seems all the originality has gone out of film making. Lord of the Rings was worth a watch, but since then, man I've stopped renting DVD's scarey movie one great, the rest garbage? And I could go on all night about crappy sequels, suffice to say Hollywood and others stop selling the same old same old, we're tired of the mediocrity.:smile:

Bad movies are only good if there so bad their funny, Pearl Harbour is a case in point, rewriting history is often hilarious :smile: especially with trite one liners to boot:-

Admiral Yamamoto: I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant.

Danny: I think World War II just started.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle: There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.

Evelyn: Do you ever wonder if this war's going to catch up with us?

Rafe: Not anxious to die sir, just anxious to matter.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle: Victory belongs to those who believe in it the most and believe in it the longest. We're going to believe. We're going to make America believe too.

Rafe: That's what I want to come home to, that's what I want to have to think about and dream about. I want to know that the best part of my life is still ahead of me.

Yuck did they write this whole movie based on sentimentality

Last edited:
40 yr old virgin is HILARIOUS! I guess its a specific type of humour though... very teenage oriented.

rocketboy said:
40 yr old virgin is HILARIOUS! I guess its a specific type of humour though... very teenage oriented.
I really liked that movie too, even if it was easy to see the plot. I thought it was pretty darned funny. "You know how I know you're gay?"

FredGarvin said:
I really liked that movie too, even if it was easy to see the plot. I thought it was pretty darned funny. "You know how I know you're gay?"

lol, "because your gay? and you can tell who other gay people are?"

Star Wars episode I.

All of the new Star Wars sucked

All of Star Wars sucked!

What was that movie that had Jamie Foxx in it, he was a pilot, and there was some computer controlled plane (jet?), and yeah, that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!

edit... The movie I was thinking about is called Stealth, and it was terrible.

Firefox? Not sure. was it very recent?:smile:

scott1 said:
http://www.snakesonaplane.com/" will be the greates ever!

Snakes on a Plane has Samuel Jackson and God in the movie if it isn't awesome I want to know why!?

Inside info: the follow up movie is Spiders on a Boat, prepare for incessible tremuous interessioment awesmositification!:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear there will be a prequel: Snakes on Cocaine

How the heck did that movie ever get made? Who thought that this would be a good idea? Is Samuel Jackson hurting for work?

FredGarvin said:
How the heck did that movie ever get made? Who thought that this would be a good idea? Is Samuel Jackson hurting for work?
It's because of the title. It's the reason why Samuel Jackson decided to act in the movie. No one thinks it will be good just it has title that everone likes to make fun of.

Waking Life 1/5
The Hulk 1/5
le Divorce 1/5
View from the Top 1/5
Old School 1/5

The Medallion 0/5 (unrateable - couldn't finish watching it)

Yeah... our ex-roommate grand-nephew and his buddy (they're both early 30's) loved it. I like to think young, but that just can't be translated.

Anchorman

I haven't seen Talladega Nights but I'm sure it's just as bad

Plan 9 from Outer Space is also on my list.

Never watched expect for the begging in a videogame and some parts on tv on news when it was comming out on dvd.

ugh how could I forget Plan 9, that was awful...

scott1 said:
Plan 9 from Outer Space is also on my list.
Well yes, but it is so bad it's wonderful. It is, indeed, generally accepted as the worst movie ever made.

scott1 said:
It's because of the title. It's the reason why Samuel Jackson decided to act in the movie. No one thinks it will be good just it has title that everone likes to make fun of.
In fact, apparently, he didn't bother to read the script. He read the title and said "I'm in!"