Bad movies

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Mattara said:
What is so good with little dwarves stealing something from God, randomly visits a boy, takes to boy on wierd things, ends up in hell, only to discover that it was a set-up/joke by God?

Remember that Time Bandits was produced at the same time as Star Wars. Gives you some perspecitive doesn't it? :rofl: :tongue2:
The movie is a great movie, and you seem to be confusing 1977 with 1981.

Time Bandits was very funny, so was The Holy Grail.
The Princess Bride is some of the greates satire Iv'e ever seen(Wallace Shawn Rules!!!) That is a movie I'll watch again and again (Pirates of The Caribbeanis also).

THe list of crappy movies could go on forever. THere's too many to mention. I'll go out on a limb here and say with the rare exception, most sequals and remakes suck.

I did however like both Italain Job movies and both Oceans Eleven movies. Both Thomas Crown Affairs were good too.

Pearl Harbour? oh you mean Ben Affleck saves the world?

Francis M said:
Time Bandits was very funny, so was The Holy Grail.
The Princess Bride is some of the greates satire Iv'e ever seen(Wallace Shawn Rules!!!) That is a movie I'll watch again and again (Pirates of The Caribbeanis also).

THe list of crappy movies could go on forever. THere's too many to mention. I'll go out on a limb here and say with the rare exception, most sequals and remakes suck.

I did however like both Italain Job movies and both Oceans Eleven movies. Both Thomas Crown Affairs were good too.

Pearl Harbour? oh you mean Ben Affleck saves the world?
There's a second italian job?

JamesU
Gold Member
The italian job was a remake

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
yomamma said:
That movie was boring....

the humor was lame

don't ban me tho, k?
Admit it. You don't understand the jokes. It's OK.

JamesU
Gold Member
Such complex jokes as "What is your favorite color?" and that stupid rabbit

FredGarvin
Science Advisor
Blue...no RED! AAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

turbo
Gold Member
Evo said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081633/
What about Princess Bride?
One of the best movies of all time. I have seen it probably once a year since it came out. It is tremendously entertaining, with action, subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) humor, interesting plot twists, and best of all, you can watch it with kids and you will all enjoy it.

I walked out on Pirates of the Carribean II: Dead Man's Chest. The beginning had lost most of the tongue in cheek humor of the first (and the first was only OK). Only other movie I've ever walked out on was Mafia (the low point in the Zucker Bros. career). Other notable (or rather, not so notable) crappy movies.

Anaconda....Somewhere in the jungle, there's a giant <insert male body part> shaped snake, and only Jennifer Lopez's erect <insert female chest area body parts> can stop it!

Passion of the Christ....Possibly a training film for CIA black ops camps?

Reign of Fire....the presence of Christian Bale made this movie tolerable.

and I'll probably get booed for this, but

Godfather 1, 2 and 3. Or maybe I just don't get them. I certainly can't understand the appeal of The Sopranos.

FredGarvin said:
Blue...no RED! AAAAAAGH!!!!!!!
Fiend!!!!! The actual line is...
Blue....no, YELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW.....

slugcountry
yomamma said:
I went to see pulse in theaters today, someo of the worst acting I have ever seen...The priginal was 100x better

then again, most movies this year have sucked unimaginably...:frown: (date movie, scary movie 4, etc.)

I have also recenty come accross cheerleader ninjas, don't watch that movie, it sucks
i haven't read the whole thread so maybe this has been mentioned already, but you should check out "A Scanner Darkly"

I saw it in theatres just a few weeks ago, and its the first movie in a long time that I thought was truly artistic.

On the lighter side Clerks 2 and The Ballad of Ricky Bobby are both absolutely hilarious =)

DaveC426913
Gold Member
slugcountry said:
On the lighter side Clerks 2 and The Ballad of Ricky Bobby are both absolutely hilarious =)
Yikes, if you put the two of those in the same sentence, that changes my thoughts about seeing Clerks 2. I can't even stand the trailer for Ricky Bobby.

JamesU
Gold Member
^true

I saw A Scanner Darkly a few weeks ago, very good movie.

SpaceTiger
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Worst movie I've ever seen: Six Days, Seven Nights. It was boring, formulaic, and cheesy. Any one of those things by themselves can work in some contexts, but together they make for a very painful viewing experience.

Worst movie I've never seen: Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows. That anyone would think of making a Hollywood sequel to this movie is a testament to how stupid they really think we are. It's like they totally misunderstood the appeal of the first movie.

I liked a lot of the movies mentioned in this thread, though. How anyone could dislike Monty Python and the Holy Grail is beyond me.

Last edited:
FredGarvin
Science Advisor
daveb said:
Fiend!!!!! The actual line is...
Blue....no, YELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW.....
I stand corrected. You are correct sir.

What about those video game to movie movies?
Almost all of them sucked...

And what about TKC the movie which will be comming out this summer.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=63689&page=698

btw for some reason I think it might be possible for this thread to evole into a franzbear...There disscussion in TKC about bad movies every once in a while and this thread is about that.

JamesU
Gold Member
Oh yeah, I just remembered the dungeons and dragons movie, my firsd made me watch it because he thought it was so cool...I punched him in the face

turbo
Gold Member
SpaceTiger said:
I liked a lot of the movies mentioned in this thread, though. How anyone could dislike Monty Python and the Holy Grail is beyond me.
'Tis a mystery! I had taped "The Life of Brian" and loaned the tape to friends, and was shocked that some of them thought the movie stunk. It is one of the best things that the Pythons have ever done. It's not quite up there with "Blazing Saddles" or the sublime "The Bank Dick" IMO, but it's pretty close. If you have never seen "The Bank Dick" with WC Fields and Shemp Howard, you're in for a treat.

It is but a flesh wound.