Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Basic info on the subject of acoustics

1. Jul 6, 2006 #1
    Hello again,
    I am wondering where I might find some basic info on the subject of acoustics. I have some books that I plan on reading, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of any online sources. I have already done a search for acoustics here but not any luck :uhh: Anyways, I would also like to hear your comments on the books I have choosen:

"Basic Acoustics" by Donald E. Hall
    - this is copyrighted in 1993 so I think it's fairly up-to-date..

"The Theory of Sound" by J. W. S. Rayleigh
    - this is the first volume of two...it's the unabridged version

That's the two I have so far..I got them from two different libraries and I have about a month to read both...

Also, if you have any tips that you wish to submit pertaining to acoustics, just give a hollar...I'll be gladly listening :surprised

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2006 #2
    anyone? I would like advice, but it's okay if no one has any advice concerning this...

4. Jul 10, 2006 #3
    I can't offer any advice bent. But there does seem to be some fairly good stuff on the web. For example this one has animations:

http://www.kettering.edu/~drussell/demos.html

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?