Battery supercapacitor hybrid design

• Thread starter tattee
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

hello! i would like to ask for your opinions. i have tried using supercapacitor in my circuit to prolong its battery run-time. I have attached a simple circuit design for your reference.

the problem is that the load drains the supercapacitor faster than the battery charging the supercap. the result is that the load runs out of power and restarts. is there a way we can limit the consumption of the load or increase the speed of charging time of the battery?

thank you!

Attachments

Answers and Replies

NoTime
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
hello! i would like to ask for your opinions. i have tried using supercapacitor in my circuit to prolong its battery run-time. I have attached a simple circuit design for your reference.

the problem is that the load drains the supercapacitor faster than the battery charging the supercap. the result is that the load runs out of power and restarts. is there a way we can limit the consumption of the load or increase the speed of charging time of the battery?

thank you!
If I understand your question, then your battery has too much internal resistance for the load.
You need to select a battery that can accommodate the average current.
The supercap may or may not extend the battery life depending on the load specifications.