Transistor Crossover for Roulette Wheel Project

• Thread starter electricman12
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transistor
In summary, the circuit for the project of a roulette wheel requires a BC183L transistor, but the person needs an American crossover or equivalent. The BC213L is a suitable substitute for the BC183L, and other transistors such as the 2N3704, 2N3705, 2N3706, or TIPP31 can also work. However, the 2N3904 has a different pinout, so adjustments need to be made if using it. Any NPN general purpose transistor with the correct footprint should work for this circuit.
electricman12
this circuit

http://www.edutek.ltd.uk/Binaries/Prj%20Roulette/Roulette%20wheel%202.pdf

needs a BC183L transistor...sadly this is a European transistor and I need an American crossover/equivalent...
can anyone tell me what transistor is the EXACT crossover...or a transistor that would work in the circuit?

Oh, here is the main page for the project...
http://www.edutek.ltd.uk/Prj_Roulette_Wheel.html

thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
2N3904 should work.

Well the BC213 is a small signal general purpose plastic NPN transistor and looking at the voltage and current requirements of your circuit, pretty well any such will do the job.

If you are working to a circuit board with a particular pinout the choice is more limited because the L version of the BC 18x series ie BC183L in your case is less common.

Luckily the the commonplace 2N3704 /2N3705 / 2N3706 will all substitute readily in your circuit.
Alternatively a TIPP31 would also fit. (note this is TIPP31 not TIP31)
These all have the same pinout as the BC213L

edit
a 2SC1318 also has the right pinout and will do the job.

The 2N3904 will work but beware the pinout is wrong.

Go well

Last edited:
BC183L has a different pin-out to many other types (1. Emitter 2. Collector 3. Base), 2N3904 is NOT the same, according to data sheets I've just looked up.

You might be able to bend the leads to suit, but you need to be aware of this.
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/2N/2N3904.pdf"

OOps. BC183L, but the problem still stands

Last edited by a moderator:
The only requirement is the current capability, look up any transistor that has the right footprint should work. Plenty of NPN general purpose transistors.

great! thanks guys! i have a 2n3904 from a previous project...i just need to follow the schematic about where the e,b,c goes right? or is the schematic symbol itself for the BC213L different?

Yep. Good luck.

FAQ: Transistor Crossover for Roulette Wheel Project

1. What is a BC183L transistor crossover?

A BC183L transistor crossover is a type of transistor that is commonly used in electronic devices. It is a small, solid-state device that acts as an amplifier or switch, allowing electronic signals to flow through it.

2. How does a BC183L transistor crossover work?

A BC183L transistor crossover works by controlling the flow of electrons through a semiconductor material. When a small electric current is applied to the transistor, it allows a larger current to pass through it, amplifying the signal.

3. What are the main uses of a BC183L transistor crossover?

A BC183L transistor crossover is commonly used in audio and radio frequency amplifiers, as well as in switching circuits. It can also be found in electronic devices such as radios, televisions, and computers.

4. Are there any important specifications to consider when using a BC183L transistor crossover?

Yes, there are several important specifications to consider when using a BC183L transistor crossover. These include the maximum voltage and current ratings, as well as the gain and frequency response of the transistor.

5. How do I choose the right BC183L transistor crossover for my project?

When choosing a BC183L transistor crossover, it is important to consider the specifications that are most relevant to your project. You should also consider the type of circuit you are building and the required voltage and current levels. It may be helpful to consult a datasheet or consult with a knowledgeable electronics expert for guidance.