Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Being All-Knowing would be

1. Sep 20, 2005 #1
    Dull enough to drive a being insane.

Wouldn't it?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2005 #2
    The amount of pleasure that can be gained from using intelligence seems to go upwards with the amount of intelligence one has, as opposed to downwards. Of course, we can't really extrapolate this all the way up to an all-knowing God but I suspect that our minds would be much duller (more like an ant's in comparison) so we probably shouldn't assume too much about any God that might exist.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  4. Sep 25, 2005 #3
    Eventually The square law of technology and information will make artificial intelligence as GOD in about a thousand years or so. Some argue this, but it is inevitable as long as Technology continues. It will be called the Oracle to some and GOD to others and the most advanced intelligent being in the Universe to some, Possibly bordering on Quantum entanglement of an intellectual artificial being, Possibly made of Quantum light intelligence, Science fiction, Maybe. We make our own GODs. Science will make them better, There will be a time when scientist ask AI for answers that are to hard to figure out.

It would make for a good book.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  5. Sep 25, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

It would suck I bet. Theres no great feeling to doing something only God can do because since you're God, you already know how it feels :P

6. Sep 26, 2005 #5
    Since you know everything, why do anything?

Omniscience is boring. >_<

7. Sep 26, 2005 #6
    I have the feeling you are basing this on a personal experience of having discovered all you wanted to know about one subject or another, and having satisfied your curiosity about it, now find it no longer holds your interest.

8. Sep 27, 2005 #7
    Nope, common logic.

If you know everything(past, present, and future), why bother with it?

(By the way, have you figured out where to place this topic, mods?)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  9. Sep 27, 2005 #8
    I think that would be the case only if you were a victim of bordom.

Bordom may be a mental disorder which I don't see a superior being having.

10. Sep 27, 2005 #9
    If you know everything, then you now how to induce selective memory failure. So you have your own solution.

I am all knowing, and my mistakes prove it.

11. Sep 27, 2005 #10
    Of course you are. :biggrin: I'm all powerful, and my weaknesses prove it.

12. Sep 27, 2005 #11
    Only boring people get bored.

13. Sep 27, 2005 #12
    Who says there is all knowing? Maybe there is no concievable upper limit. Maybe we are someone else's ants milling around the ant farm. What would an ant do if it was capable of understanding everything that encompasses the earth? I bet he wouldn't be bored.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?