Belgium: PA textbooks not anti-Semitic

• Thread starter Bilal
  • Start date
GENIERE
Hurkyl said:
Well, the logic is easy enough to follow.
If you start with the assumption that there is nothing wrong with Palestinian textbooks, and the assumption that there is a Zionist conspiracy going on, it is quite reasonable to infer that this is the result of actions of said conspiracy, and kudos to Belgium for resisting its influence.
Of course, if you don't already believe in the conspiracy, you would get something entirely different from the article.
I want to know what books the Jews are using. I’d become a Jew if I thought changing religion would bring me wisdom. Only 0.25% of the worlds population and they give us so much:

http://www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html

“ JEWISH NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS

At least 167 Jews and persons of half-Jewish ancestry have been awarded the Nobel Prize,1 accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2004, and constituting 37% of all US recipients2 during the same period. In the scientific research fields of Chemistry, Economics, Medicine, and Physics, the corresponding world and US percentages are 26% and 39%, respectively. (Jews currently make up approximately 0.25% of the world's population and 2% of the US population.)

· Chemistry (28 prize winners, 19% of world total, 28% of US total)
· Economics (21 prize winners, 38% of world total, 53% of US total)
· Literature (12 prize winners, 12% of world total, 27% of US total)
· Physiology or Medicine (52 prize winners, 29% of world total, 42% of US total)
· Peace (9 prize winners, 10% of world total, 11% of US total)3
· Physics (45 prize winners, 26% of world total, 38% of US total)

See also:
· Jewish Recipients of the US National Medal of Science (153 recipients, 37% of total)
· Jewish Recipients of the Kyoto Prize (25% of recipients)

Bilal said:
I do believe that Belgium is brave nation and government because they reject to be slaves for the Zionists propaganda. This small country in Europe suffered a lot from the invaders , especially NAZI, during the last centuries.Therefore they understand well the suffering of nations under occupation. They also reject the aggression and they can not accept the ‘’cheap propaganda’’.

May God bless and protect this great country and nation
I agree 100%. Awhile back Belgium was going to try Sharon for war crimes. They had a law saying anyone in the world could be charged in Belgium for war crimes. You can bet the Israelis were not happy.

It has been a long time and I forget the exact details. Something was going on. Some pressure on Belgium to rescind the law or something.

The next day? Someone stole 100 million dollars worth of diamonds from Belgium. That is no trivial job. Unless it was a military outfit doing it. Like an Isreali military team. I think they were behind the robbery to pressure Belgium. Whoever owned the 100 million in diamonds was probably on the phone to the politicians telling them to rescind the law right away.

To get the details you could search for Belgium diamond robberies. Can't be too many of them for 100 million. Then you could get the exact story of what was going on immediately before the robbery.

Later on the politicians did rescind the law. I think the diamond robbery and the fact that a witness who volunteered to testify against Sharon about the Sabra and Shatilla massacre was car bombed made the Belgians decide that justice is not as important as they used to think it was.

GENIERE said:
I want to know what books the Jews are using. I’d become a Jew if I thought changing religion would bring me wisdom. Only 0.25% of the worlds population and they give us so much:

They aren't using anything. It is what they are doing to you and people like you that you should be concerned with.

There are very set ways that the human body is supposed to develop. There are laws about what a person should and should not do to become strong and powerful. The Israelis know about and follow these laws and ideas. Their knowledge of these ideas allows them to do something I personally feel is despicable. They purposefully sabotage others.

That list you posted makes it look like Isrealis are smarter than most people. That is not true. They are either healthier, or they have opportunities that others do not.

As an example, do you know anything about Chinese medicine? Chinese medicine says that if you eat too much sugar, you cannot think straight. What is the most common ingredient in Western foods? Sugar. This means that everyone in the west, everyone from kids to adults, is sick. They do not think right because they are poisoned by sugar.

People have known about Chinese medicine for a long time. Yet for some reason, this concept from the most basic books on Chinese medicine are ignored. In fact, it almost looks as if someone read a chinese medicine book, found out that too much sugar makes people stupid, and purposefully set out to ensure that every food sold in the west is packed with sugar.

That is just one example. You would not believe the things that are done to people to damage them so they can never "be as smart as Isrealis".

If you want to be a Nobel prize winner, it is easy, whoever you are. First thing you MUST do is eliminate all but essential sugar from your diet. Your thinking abilities will obviously increase in as little as a few months. Then you can go on to doing the other things to recover your health.

You will be shocked and sickened when you come to realize all the lies that you have been told to keep you powerless.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
All you have to if you want to win a Nobel Prize is eliminate sugar from your diet? If you can demonstrate the truth of an outrageous statement like that, you just might win a Nobel.

loseyourname said:
All you have to if you want to win a Nobel Prize is eliminate sugar from your diet? If you can demonstrate the truth of an outrageous statement like that, you just might win a Nobel.
Dood. This is not a scientific experiment. "Remove 50% of sugar and poof! You are Nobel prize winner". Why do you want to be purposefully obtuse?

Go read a beginning chinese medicine book. It will verify what I said about sugar interfering with a person's ability to think.

Go to your kitchen with a notebook. Write down the percentage of sugar in every food on your shelf. If you feel like it, figure the combined weight of the sugar so you feel scientific.

Go to a history book and find the date that the west first had contact with China. Find out when the west became aware of Chinese medical knowledge.

Now you can begin the next experiment. Remove the sugar from your diet and in a diary record how you feel emotionally and how you feel intellectually. Do this for 6 months.

After those 6 months where you went thru the work of the experiment, THEN you can come back here and laugh. If you are a dumbo who laughs at people, no, removing sugar from your diet will not make you a Nobel prize winner. If you are a smart person who needs just a little extra brain power to push you over the edge to being a Nobel winner, this might help.

I said in the message this is only one thing that prevents people from being just as smart as Israelis. There are other things that make the Isrealis perform close to the design specifications of the human body. A true knowledge of how the body works that is not based on western medicine theory is the basis for their intellect.

loseyourname said:
Can I help:
Fom a site on Strokes:
[URL said:
http://www.strokedoctor.com/iaac5.htm]1.[/URL] Sugar and Candida
Sugar enhances the proliferation of bacteria and yeast in the intestinal tract, which contributes to candidiasis, gut dysbiosis (anerobic overgrowth), nutritional deficiencies, immune dysfunction, and brain toxicity.

2. Sugar and Hypoglycemia
When we consume soft drinks, sweets and refined foods, it stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin. Chronic stimulation of the pancreas leads to an overproduction of insulin and a rebound effect of reduced glucose in the blood (hypoglycemia) and brain (neuroglycopenia).

Hypoglycemia (continued)
Hypoglycemia triggers a stress alarm that increases adrenalin and excitatory neurotransmitters in the brain that promotes free radical damage and neuronal death.

3. Insulin and Heavy Metal Toxicity
Insulin not only stimulates the intake of glucose and amino acids, it also increases cell receptors to heavy metals. This includes the cell receptors in the brain.
From a site on ADD:
[URL said:
http://www.adhd-biofeedback.com/diagnosis.html]ADD/ADHD[/URL] is a neurological or neuro-biological based developmental disability, which is estimated to affect between 3% - 7% of the school-age population. The medical literature has references to these ADD/ADHD symptoms for about 100 years. (Is it just a coincidence that that's about the same time as sugar intake increased, and white flour was first produced?)

ADD/ADHD is one of the most thoroughly researched of all childhood disorders. According to all the "experts", ADD/ADHD is a disorder that can cause serious lifelong problems, if it is left untreated. Certainly parents and children who have suffered with it will certainly agree.

Food allergies/sensitivities, sugar handling problems, poor absorption and deficiency of nutrients all can cause production of abnormal neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are brain chemicals and they help the brain to regulate and coordinate the normal brain functions. The brain uses glucose (blood sugar) and oxygen for fuel, and research shows that ADD/ADHD subjects do not utilize sugar very well. This can be due to an allergy or sensitivity to sugar, or other carbohydrates that turn into glucose.

An interesting experiment many years ago had two sets of rats in the same lab environment, with the only difference that set B had sugar added to the water. Interesting to me was the fact that the exercise cage in B was turning up to 10 times as much within a day or so. This correlates to excess energy due to excess sugar and the hyperactivity in ADHD. This experiment was terminated within a few months because the rats in B were being stillborn, fighting territorially with undifferentiated rages, etc. (Perhaps a lesson for we humans about sugar?)
Sugar Blues by Duffy available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/...03-2316044-6707049?v=glance&tag=pfamazon01-20

Why have you not heard of it:
[URL said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,940287,00.html]Sugar[/URL] industry threatens to scupper WHO

Sarah Boseley, health editor
Monday April 21, 2003
The Guardian

The sugar industry in the US is threatening to bring the World Health Organisation to its knees by demanding that Congress end its funding unless the WHO scraps guidelines on healthy eating, due to be published on Wednesday.

The threat is being described by WHO insiders as tantamount to blackmail and worse than any pressure exerted by the tobacco lobby.

In a letter to Gro Harlem Brundtland, the WHO's director general, the Sugar Association says it will "exercise every avenue available to expose the dubious nature" of the WHO's report on diet and nutrition, including challenging its $406m (£260m) funding from the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I repeat - so all you have to do to win a Nobel Prize if cut sugar out of your diet? None of your links corroborated that claim, nor did they teach me anything I didn't know. If anecdotal evidence makes a difference, the only simple carbohydrate I get in my diet is the non-processed fructose present in fruits and vegetables. It might amaze you to find out, but I've never won a Nobel.

Evo
Mentor
loseyourname said:
I repeat - so all you have to do to win a Nobel Prize if cut sugar out of your diet? None of your links corroborated that claim, nor did they teach me anything I didn't know. If anecdotal evidence makes a difference, the only simple carbohydrate I get in my diet is the non-processed fructose present in fruits and vegetables. It might amaze you to find out, but I've never won a Nobel.
I have to agree, those links did not corroborate Happeh's claims. Not to mention the sites - biofeedback.com? The Guardian?

Here is a credible response -

Food Additives and Sugar.

It has been suggested that attention disorders are caused by refined sugar or food additives, or that symptoms of ADHD are exacerbated by sugar or food additives. In 1982, the National Institutes of Health held a scientific consensus conference to discuss this issue. It was found that diet restrictions helped about 5 percent of children with ADHD, mostly young children who had food allergies.3 A more recent study on the effect of sugar on children, using sugar one day and a sugar substitute on alternate days, without parents, staff, or children knowing which substance was being used, showed no significant effects of the sugar on behavior or learning.4

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/adhd.cfm#cause

And, no were not going to get into a sugar debate in this thread, that would belong in biology.

Last edited:
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Happeh said:
Dood. This is not a scientific experiment. "Remove 50% of sugar and poof! You are Nobel prize winner". Why do you want to be purposefully obtuse?
What's obtuse? You're the one that said it!

Go to your kitchen with a notebook. Write down the percentage of sugar in every food on your shelf. If you feel like it, figure the combined weight of the sugar so you feel scientific.
Done. As I thought, no processed sugar in any food that I eat. The only things on the shelves are beans, whole wheat flour, bran, oatmeal, and yeast. The refrigerator has meats, fruits, and vegetables.

Now you can begin the next experiment. Remove the sugar from your diet and in a diary record how you feel emotionally and how you feel intellectually. Do this for 6 months.
Can't do, but I can tell you that I first cut sugar out of my diet upon leaving high school. I didn't feel any different.

After those 6 months where you went thru the work of the experiment, THEN you can come back here and laugh. If you are a dumbo who laughs at people, no, removing sugar from your diet will not make you a Nobel prize winner. If you are a smart person who needs just a little extra brain power to push you over the edge to being a Nobel winner, this might help.
Can you think of Nobel winners that "pushed themselves over the edge" by eating less sugar?

I said in the message this is only one thing that prevents people from being just as smart as Israelis. There are other things that make the Isrealis perform close to the design specifications of the human body. A true knowledge of how the body works that is not based on western medicine theory is the basis for their intellect.
Maybe the biology forum would be the place to present this little hypothesis of yours. There have been several interesting discussions there of a possible genetic origin of the intelligence of Ashkenazi Jews. Intriguingly enough, they actually had published studies in reputable journals to back up that hypothesis. I'm sorry if I'm not overly impressed by your 2+2 analysis leading to the conclusion that Jews are involved in a conspiracy to hold down the western world by feeding them sugar. If that's the case, why do Ashkenazi Jews also have a higher collective IQ than any group of people in the non-western world?

Don't get me wrong, Happeh. I agree with you about sugar being bad, otherwise I wouldn't have cut it out of my diet six years ago. Perhaps had it made any difference to my intelligence, I would have shared your epiphany and thought "well there you go, this must mean Jews are conspiring to make the rest of the world stupid." Alas, it never happened. Then again, maybe part of the reason I consider myself intelligent in the first place is that I'm not particularly prone to wild leaps of provincial logic. It takes extraordinary evidence to convince me of an extraordinary claim. I'm like a courtroom in that sense.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Evo said:
I have to agree, those links did not corroborate Happeh's claims. Not to mention the sites - biofeedback.com? The Guardian?

No were not going to get into a sugar debate in this thread.
Hey, if a thread about the bombing of London can turn into a thread accusing England and America of being responsible in an effort to incur public support of their wars, does this really surprise you? On other forums I've been to, you so much as mention the word 'Jew' and you'll get every manner of wild world domination conspiracy theories.

loseyourname said:
On other forums I've been to, you so much as mention the word 'Jew' and you'll get every manner of wild world domination conspiracy theories.
That does not surprise me at all...it's incredible what people will come up with from time to time.

Evo
Mentor
loseyourname said:
Hey, if a thread about the bombing of London can turn into a thread accusing England and America of being responsible in an effort to incur public support of their wars, does this really surprise you? On other forums I've been to, you so much as mention the word 'Jew' and you'll get every manner of wild world domination conspiracy theories.
I actually would prefer to discuss the sugar issue.

I was reading one of the crank conspiracy theories on crank.net earlier today. :rolleyes:

loseyourname said:
Can't do, but I can tell you that I first cut sugar out of my diet upon leaving high school. I didn't feel any different.
Then you have to approach the experiment differently. If you have already cut the sugar out of your diet, then you just do the opposite to see if I might be onto something. For the next 6 months eat lots of sugar every day and record how you are emotionally and intellectually. If you get worse than you are now, wouldn't that back up my contention?

It seems obvious to me but if you don't eat sugar maybe it isn't obvious. Has anyone ever eaten something like a big fat piece of cheese cake? It is so rich that your head literally starts whirling and you get hot and flushed? I can't think when I feel like that. Maybe other people could I guess.

loseyourname said:
Maybe the biology forum would be the place to present this little hypothesis of yours. There have been several interesting discussions there of a possible genetic origin of the intelligence of Ashkenazi Jews. Intriguingly enough, they actually had published studies in reputable journals to back up that hypothesis. I'm sorry if I'm not overly impressed by your 2+2 analysis leading to the conclusion that Jews are involved in a conspiracy to hold down the western world by feeding them sugar. If that's the case, why do Ashkenazi Jews also have a higher collective IQ than any group of people in the non-western world?
I told you. They have a correct view of the body. The bodyview presented to regular people in the west is wrong if you want to become powerful and smart. I also was very specific when I said one of the things suppressing intelligence was the sugar thing. You are making it sound like I said sugar was the one and only thing between being a regular person and a nobel person. That is not what I said at all.

The body view put forward that people are supposed to be incredibly thin is another part of the story. Being incredibly thin will make you sick. It will make it so that your brain does not function properly. Yet that body view is put forward as the ideal body view for any person who wants to be an accepted person in society.

loseyourname said:
I would have shared your epiphany and thought "well there you go, this must mean Jews are conspiring to make the rest of the world stupid." Alas, it never happened. Then again, maybe part of the reason I consider myself intelligent in the first place is that I'm not particularly prone to wild leaps of provincial logic. It takes extraordinary evidence to convince me of an extraordinary claim. I'm like a courtroom in that sense.
You are phrasing what I said in a way that is not accurate. You make it sound like I said sugar, then jumped to, as you write, "jews". That is as silly as it sounds. A thoughtful person would consider the fact that leaders of society determine the direction of that society. A person who was a leader in the food area of society would direct society towards the foods it should eat. If a person was to gain control of the leadership of the food segment of society, ie the corporations producting the food, they could implement any diet they wanted to for the populace.

If a bad person was to gain corporate control the food manufacturing plants, they could, using their knowledge that sugar affects the spleen and makes it so people cannot think, purposefully add high amounts of sugar to all food that was produced. Just a few people in the control of the corporations have sabotaged the entire populace of a country.

I see you have a hard time with this idea. Let me present you with anecdotal evidence that my claim is correct.

Who are the smartest or most accomplished people in the USA school systems?

Asians. Specifically Chinese.

Whose medical theory did I say tells people to stay away from sugar or they won't be able to think? Chinese. Chinese medical theory from China for Chinese people says don't eat too much sugar or you won't be able to think. And just coincidentally, these chinese people are the top students in the entire country of the USA.

If you were to talk to these chinese people, you would find they eat much more salt than you would expect. It is another one of those false body views that are promulgated to keep people powerless. Chinese medicine says people should eat lots of salt. Western medicine says no salt.

Using your own two eyes, who usually looks stronger and healthier? A sugar eating American or a salt eating Asian? Sugar eating Americans look fat, slow and unhealthy. Asians look thin, energetic and usually are exploding with healthy energy.

Evo said:

It was found that diet restrictions helped about 5 percent of children with ADHD, mostly young children who had food allergies.3 A more recent study on the effect of sugar on children, using sugar one day and a sugar substitute on alternate days, without parents, staff, or children knowing which substance was being used, showed no significant effects of the sugar on behavior or learning.4

LOL,

Do you pretend to be a scientist in your spare time?

Alternate days?

How long does it take a substance to clear your system?

You lose credibility each time you put your fingers on the keys.

What is it Evo ... Big Sugar supporting Bush again quashed all sense of scientific principal and common sense?

You attack sites instead of fact now?

Evo said:
And, no were not going to get into a sugar debate in this thread, that would belong in biology.
I also note that Evo has done it again ... declared herself the winner and banned further debate on the issue.

Yet another 'prize mentor' with all the sense of fairness of a fascist.

Art
The Smoking Man said:
I also note that Evo has done it again ... declared herself the winner and banned further debate on the issue.

Yet another 'prize mentor' with all the sense of fairness of a fascist.
I understood it is the political support for the sugar industry that was being discussed here??
Perhaps Evo is another who has fallen prey to the pro-sugar propaganda industry. As for fairness; one wonders if it is ethical that super mentors contribute to discussions in the political forum whilst exercising censorship and sanction over other posters to the same discussion but as was pointed out to me recently by one of the super mentors "this is their forum to do with as they wish" I suppose fairness doesn't come into it.
Meanwhile here is a dissenting view;
Refined Sugar: The Sweetest poison of All
Why Sugar Is Toxic To The Body
In 1957, Dr. William Coda Martin tried to answer the question: When is a food a food and when is it a poison? His working definition of "poison" was: "Medically: Any substance applied to the body, ingested or developed within the body, which causes or may cause disease. Physically: Any substance which inhibits the activity of a catalyst which is a minor substance, chemical or enzyme that activates a reaction."1 The dictionary gives an even broader definition for "poison": "to exert a harmful influence on, or to pervert".

Dr. Martin classified refined sugar as a poison because it has been depleted of its life forces, vitamins and minerals. "What is left consists of pure, refined carbohydrates. The body cannot utilize this refined starch and carbohydrate unless the depleted proteins, vitamins and minerals are present. Nature supplies these elements in each plant in quantities sufficient to metabolize the carbohydrate in that particular plant. There is no excess for other added carbohydrates. Incomplete carbohydrate metabolism results in the formation of 'toxic metabolite' such as pyruvic acid and abnormal sugars containing five carbon atoms. Pyruvic acid accumulates in the brain and nervous system and the abnormal sugars in the red blood cells. These toxic metabolites interfere with the respiration of the cells. They cannot get sufficient oxygen to survive and function normally. In time, some of the cells die. This interferes with the function of a part of the body and is the beginning of degenerative disease."
Shipwrecked sailors who ate and drank nothing but sugar and rum for nine days surely went through some of this trauma; the tales they had to tell created a big public relations problem for the sugar pushers. This incident occurred when a vessel carrying a cargo of sugar was shipwrecked in 1793. The five surviving sailors were finally rescued after being marooned for nine days. They were in a wasted condition due to starvation, having consumed nothing but sugar and rum. The eminent French physiologist F. Magendie was inspired by that incident to conduct a series of experiments with animals, the results of which he published in 1816. In the experiments, he fed dogs a diet of sugar or olive oil and water. All the dogs wasted and died.3

The shipwrecked sailors and the French physiologist's experimental dogs proved the same point. As a steady diet, sugar is worse than nothing. Plain water can keep you alive for quite some time. Sugar and water can kill you. Humans [and animals] are "unable to subsist on a diet of sugar".4 The dead dogs in Professor Magendie's laboratory alerted the sugar industry to the hazards of free scientific inquiry. From that day to this, the sugar industry has invested millions of dollars in behind-the-scenes, subsidized science. The best scientific names that money could buy have been hired, in the hope that they could one day come up with something at least pseudoscientific in the way of glad tidings about sugar.
It has been proved, however, that (1) sugar is a major factor in dental decay; (2) sugar in a person's diet does cause overweight; (3) removal of sugar from diets has cured symptoms of crippling, worldwide diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart illnesses. Sir Frederick Banting, the codiscoverer of insulin, noticed in 1929 in Panama that, among sugar plantation owners who ate large amounts of their refined stuff, diabetes was common. Among native cane-cutters, who only got to chew the raw cane, he saw no diabetes. However, the story of the public relations attempts on the part of the sugar manufacturers began in Britain in 1808 when the Committee of West India reported to the House of Commons that a prize of twenty-five guineas had been offered to anyone who could come up with the most "satisfactory" experiments to prove that unrefined sugar was good for feeding and fattening oxen, cows, hogs and sheep.
http://www.ghchealth.com/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all.html

Art
Evo said:

Here is a credible response -
You are joking I presume

Evo said:
Food Additives and Sugar.

It has been suggested that attention disorders are caused by refined sugar or food additives, or that symptoms of ADHD are exacerbated by sugar or food additives. In 1982, the National Institutes of Health held a scientific consensus conference to discuss this issue. It was found that diet restrictions helped about 5 percent of children with ADHD, mostly young children who had food allergies.3 A more recent study on the effect of sugar on children, using sugar one day and a sugar substitute on alternate days, without parents, staff, or children knowing which substance was being used, showed no significant effects of the sugar on behavior or learning.4

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/adhd.cfm#cause
If a study were to be conducted wherein a group smokes cigarettes only on alternate days and if a high proportion of the study group still develop cancer does this prove that smoking does not cause cancer? :rofl:

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Happeh said:
Then you have to approach the experiment differently. If you have already cut the sugar out of your diet, then you just do the opposite to see if I might be onto something. For the next 6 months eat lots of sugar every day and record how you are emotionally and intellectually. If you get worse than you are now, wouldn't that back up my contention?
Don't you get it, Happeh? I'm not disputing your contention that sugar is bad. I can't stand sugar.

It seems obvious to me but if you don't eat sugar maybe it isn't obvious.
It seems obvious to me that you overuse the word 'obvious.'

The body view put forward that people are supposed to be incredibly thin is another part of the story. Being incredibly thin will make you sick. It will make it so that your brain does not function properly. Yet that body view is put forward as the ideal body view for any person who wants to be an accepted person in society.
How thin? Nobody is telling you to be a rail. Ironically enough, if you load your diet with sugary foods, chances are you won't be thin. In case you hadn't noticed as well, the average American is one of the fattest persons on the planet. Don't think there's any conspiracy here; just whacked out cultural norms where the diet doesn't match the desired body type.

If a bad person was to gain corporate control the food manufacturing plants, they could, using their knowledge that sugar affects the spleen and makes it so people cannot think, purposefully add high amounts of sugar to all food that was produced. Just a few people in the control of the corporations have sabotaged the entire populace of a country.
Sabotage? You don't suppose it might have something to do with the fact that sugar tastes good and is cheap to manufacture?

You see, this is where I have a problem. Where is the evidence of world-wide Jewish conspiracy that you presented? Are Jews in charge of the soft drink industry? The fast food industry? The supermarkets? The advertising industry? They'd need to be in charge of all of these and the sugar industry itself, and arguably the FDA, just to be capable of the conspiracy you're suggesting. And not just in the US, either, but in the entire western world. Heck, even if all these industries were run by Jews, does being a Jew automatically mean that you're hooked into a worldwide network of Jews that coordinate all of their business plans so as to plot the destruction of the Gentile world? Does it occur to you how whacky and paranoid that sounds?

I can almost guarantee you one thing. Jewish or not, all of these industries are probably run by white males. In fact, I would venture the guess that just about all industries are run by white males. Does that mean there is a conspiracy of white males plotting to destroy everyone else?

I see you have a hard time with this idea. Let me present you with anecdotal evidence that my claim is correct.

If you were to talk to these chinese people, you would find they eat much more salt than you would expect. It is another one of those false body views that are promulgated to keep people powerless. Chinese medicine says people should eat lots of salt. Western medicine says no salt.
Now there's a conspiracy of western doctors working to keep people powerless? Or do Jews control the medical industry now too?

By the way, back in China, cretinism is a huge problem, especially in the western and southern provinces. Iodized salt solves that problem and is thus an extremely important staple of their diet.

Sugar eating Americans look fat, slow and unhealthy. Asians look thin, energetic and usually are exploding with healthy energy.
Where? I've lived most of my life in or around Los Angeles and San Francisco, which boast two of the largest Chinese communities in the US. I've never noticed that the Chinese people look any different in body type from the average whites walking around. Maybe that's just coastal California, though - everybody tries to stay looking good. Oh, but you said keeping thin is another thing designed to keep us powerless. All those damn Jewish fashion moguls.

Hey, here's some anecdotal evidence for you? Remember the first rail-thin model (other than Twiggy) that really made super-thin chic? It was Kate Moss. Who did she model for? Calvin Klein? A Jew! God, they're everywhere and they're out to get us. Can't they just be happy with having all the money?

vanesch
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
loseyourname said:
A Jew! God, they're everywhere and they're out to get us. Can't they just be happy with having all the money?
:rofl: :rofl:

Vee sjould solve zat pfroblem vance and vor all ! A kind of vinal zolution...

I cannot believe that sugar argument is being discussed seriously. Come on - Jews taking over the world with sugar??!
Reading this thread brings me back to history classes at school and conversations with my late grandparents.
Nevertheless, I'm happy to have witnessed this new display of the old pseudo-scientific antisemitism. It makes me understand no matter how just and fair we try to be, the hatred will forever remain.
I am even more surprised at the weak response to happeh's comments. I know art and bilal are prejudiced, but where are the masses who display their humanity so boldly whenever the latest scandal involving the US is discussed?
It's this mix of hatred and non-caringness that makes me realise we are perpetually threatened, and that we can never rely on anyone to protect us. Dilemmas I have had in the past regarding the lengths of conformity I have gone to in my service of my country are very clear cut at moments like this. You can criticize Israel, Zionism and Judaism all you like, but keep in mind the threats we face even today, when a venomous comment of the sort of happeh's should never have been made in such a "self-respecting" community.

vanesch
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yonoz said:
You can criticize Israel, Zionism and Judaism all you like, but keep in mind the threats we face even today, when a venomous comment of the sort of happeh's should never have been made in such a "self-respecting" community.

BTW, how does one "qualify as a Jew" ? Clearly there are non-religious Jews, so it is not a purely religious concept, such as a Christian or a Muslim. I could, if I wanted, become a Muslim. I don't know if I "can become a Jew".
Is it an etnicity ? What happens then with mixed marriages ? Given your diaspora, you should have "dissolved your genetic material" since long in all the populations you've been mixing with. Or don't you guys (and girls) mix ? Are you a different biological species then :smile: ?

vanesch said:
BTW, how does one "qualify as a Jew" ? Clearly there are non-religious Jews, so it is not a purely religious concept, such as a Christian or a Muslim. I could, if I wanted, become a Muslim. I don't know if I "can become a Jew".
Is it an etnicity ? What happens then with mixed marriages ? Given your diaspora, you should have "dissolved your genetic material" since long in all the populations you've been mixing with. Or don't you guys (and girls) mix ? Are you a different biological species then :smile: ?
Since its beginning, Judaism has split into several groups. Some are more orthodox than others. You may also look at Judaism in the narrow religious aspect or in the broader cultural aspect. As far as the narrow, religious view, which is also the basis of Israeli law, you're Jewish if you were born to a Jewish mother or you have completed a process of indoctrination into the Jewish faith. Unfortunately, the varying levels of devoutness between the different groups in Judaism are a cause for disagreement - if you take this process in a reform community an orthodox Jew may not consider you truly Jewish. I am not familiar with the nuances of this problem but will look into it if you wish to know more. I have met quite a few people that have become Jewish, mostly in reform and orthodox communities in the diaspora.
The ultra-orthodox communities will not allow mixed marriages. I suppose in laxer communities there would be specific cases where a parent would object strongly to a mixed marriage. Reform communities should have no problem with mixed marriages.
Modern Judaism in its many forms is the product of 2 millenia in the diaspora. The emphasis on the community and its survival was made very strong in Jewish customs, particularly in European communities that suffered much hatred compared to those in North Africa and other Arab countries. No one can say with certainty how much mixing there was over that time, and I suppose it doesn't really matter to most Jews (and antisemites). There were a few genetic studies that I'm sure you can find if you spare the time that show genetic links among Jews. There are also unique Jewish genetic diseases. There is also a genetic link in descendents of the Levi tribe. It can be traced because their surnames - Levi and Cohen - were kept since their formation.

Yonoz said:
Jewish genetic diseases. There is also a genetic link in descendents of the Levi tribe. It can be traced because their surnames - Levi and Cohen - were kept since their formation.
Oh, I can't resist ... You mean Levi's Genes?
:biggrin:

vanesch
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yonoz said:
As far as the narrow, religious view, which is also the basis of Israeli law, you're Jewish if you were born to a Jewish mother or you have completed a process of indoctrination into the Jewish faith.
Ah, so if I can convince my mother (or my mother's mother, but she's dead - guess that won't work) to accept Jewish faith, I can obtain Israeli nationality as a christian born atheist ? :tongue2:

No, seriously, I didn't know one could *become* a Jew. Maybe a useful thing to do if I want to make a career in the sugar industry - I'll have a talk with my mother :biggrin:

All kidding apart, I always wondered what it meant to be, say, a German or Russian Jew, because it clearly is wider than the religious part. Feynman clearly was a Jew, but an atheist. So Jewishness is apparently a conserved quantum number and a well-defined observable, but I had a hard time tracking this back. Hey, maybe I *am* a Jew, after all, if the mother of my mother of my mother of ... etc... was Jewish. How can one know ?

Art
Yonoz said:
I cannot believe that sugar argument is being discussed seriously. Come on - Jews taking over the world with sugar??!
Reading this thread brings me back to history classes at school and conversations with my late grandparents.
Nevertheless, I'm happy to have witnessed this new display of the old pseudo-scientific antisemitism. It makes me understand no matter how just and fair we try to be, the hatred will forever remain.
I am even more surprised at the weak response to happeh's comments. I know art and bilal are prejudiced, but where are the masses who display their humanity so boldly whenever the latest scandal involving the US is discussed?
It's this mix of hatred and non-caringness that makes me realise we are perpetually threatened, and that we can never rely on anyone to protect us. Dilemmas I have had in the past regarding the lengths of conformity I have gone to in my service of my country are very clear cut at moments like this. You can criticize Israel, Zionism and Judaism all you like, but keep in mind the threats we face even today, when a venomous comment of the sort of happeh's should never have been made in such a "self-respecting" community.
I have never made an anti-semitic comment ever, and very much resent your claim to the contrary! :mad: I expect an apology forthwith.