1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best solid state physics video course

1. Jun 17, 2012 #1
    Hi,

What is the best solid state physics video course available online.

So far the best one i have found is this one .. but it is just introduction to Solid State Physics

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2012 #2
    You'd really be better off looking for a textbook..

4. Aug 14, 2012 #3
    I've recently found these lectures. Although I haven't had the time to watch them, they appear to reflect the same material presented in a typical solid state physics course.

I can dig up some lecture notes and other resources if you're interested. Just PM me.

5. Jan 19, 2013 #4
    Does anybody have a solutions manual for Solid State Physics by Ashcroft and Merlin?

6. Jun 19, 2013 #5
    I Would suggest getting a textbook, I prefer Charles Kittel. It is an introduction but has more advanced material as well. If you are looking for more advanced material on lecture videos I don't know if you will find any. There are however many websites out there with materials on them for more advanced solid state physics. Here is an MIT course http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena/course/6/6.732/www/texts.html it contains materials from several texts that might be of use to you

7. Jun 24, 2013 #6
  8. Jun 27, 2013 #7

PAllen

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It isn't video, but if you haven't seen it you must:

http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm

Supposedly put together by doctoral student preparing for orals who happened to be a fan.

9. Jun 27, 2013 #8

atyy

Science Advisor

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  10. Jun 28, 2013 #9

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

LOL it says Booble on the side. I've got to start using Booble more often.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook