Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bill Nye's Back

1. Mar 23, 2005 #1
    Bill Nye's Back!!!

Hey everyone guess what guess what guess what?!? Bill Nye's coming back to TV with a new show!
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
    *Andromeda squeals, runs off to find someone else to tell*
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2005 #2
    that's awesome.......I want to see his grass car again.
  4. Mar 23, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Woo hoo! Very cool!
  5. Mar 24, 2005 #4

Science Advisor

Now if only we could get Beakman to come back........
  6. Mar 24, 2005 #5

Staff: Mentor

I love Beakman!!
  7. Mar 24, 2005 #6
    I had the beakman's world board game when i was little. It was really cute... it was one of my favorite games. That show was like my favorite thing to watch on saturday mornings.

We had to watch bill nye a lot in school. Kinda took away the fun....
  8. Mar 25, 2005 #7

My high school chem teacher said he met him, and he was one of the biggest jerks he'd ever met. That kinda killed the whole bubbly personality gimmick on his show for me.
  9. Mar 25, 2005 #8
    All I have to say is about time. Really why would you keep such a good thing off the air, he makes science look like something cool (once you get into the collage stuff it doesn't need any help in being cool) and makes little kids think, wow that is so much cooler than any professional sports. Or at least that is what I think.

I also heard him on all of places Love Line and he was Really cool and Really personable. But than again that just might be his on-air persona.
  10. Mar 25, 2005 #9
    :eek: NO! NOT NYE!!!!!1 How was he a jerk?
  11. Mar 25, 2005 #10
    I once met Beakman. He was cool.:) I see Bill Nye on the news stations every now and then when something scientific happens. I think the last time I saw him he was on Neil Cavotu's show on Fox discussing how it makes money sense to work to save the environment.
  12. Mar 26, 2005 #11
    Funny, I have a friend who met him a few times while he was living in Seattle before Nye became famous. He said the exact opposite... :uhh:
  13. May 30, 2005 #12
    Hey, the site now has updated listings on show times. But they are in the U.S. Anyone know if it may air in Canada?

I miss watching Bill Nye the science guy.
  14. May 31, 2005 #13

Gold Member

I dn't even remember that show :uhh: the new website is cool
  15. May 31, 2005 #14

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Seems nice enough to me. I once sent him an email complimenting his show & he responded politely. He seemed ok when I saw him on a science-discussion panel too.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?