1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bioinformatics MS program at Northeastern [Boston]

1. Jan 22, 2016 #1
    Hello everyone,
    m a medico.. i was wondering how's the bioinformatics MS program at Northeastern[Boston].. Does their co-op program guarantee a job? how are the salaries initially? would be a great help if someone shares any info.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Jan 27, 2016 #3
    No degree guarantees a job, but as you may know, bioinformatics is a pretty employable degree right at this moment.

And isn't Massachusetts an area booming with biotech firms anyway? You probably know more about that than me.
    I am in an entire different part of the world and I always hear bioinformatics is among the most employable degrees and when I look at vacancies site at PhD lvl in biotech/biochemistry, they sure do come up a lot.

Only thing may be that if you are aiming for the all highest, all things being equal, is the bioinformatic the most likely person to run the whole lab, the entire research department, or the entire company? Glass ceiling for you may be being in charge of all the other bioinformaticians. If you want to make money you have to own the business or be a manager. Your skills may be too precious and too niche and you may be too hard to replace to be promoted to management.
    Something to really worry about right now? Probably not.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook