Bode plot for H(s) = 1/(s+1)^2: poles, zeros, and filter type

  • Thread starter Thread starter libnitz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Band Bode Plots
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
libnitz
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hi,

I just need some confirmation on 3 questions

H(s) = 1/(s+1)^2

1. I was asked to calculate the poles and zeros. I believe

zeros: none
poles: 2 (or p1,2) = -1

2. I was also asked to calculate the slope of the magnitude response was w -> 0
Here is my sketched graph

2016-02-20 20.17.13.jpg


From my pic, it shows that as w -> 0, H(s) -> 0.3. What type of filter response does this network exhibit.
I believe it will be a Low Pass because as

s->0, H(s) -> 1 and as s-> infinity, H(s) -> 0?

Does this reasoning make it a low pass filter, high pass, band stop or band pass?

Any help is appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
According to your graph, what frequencies pass thru with the least attenuation?