Books/information over superfluid vacuum theory

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the individual is seeking recommendations for books or resources on superfluid vacuum theory (SVT), a topic they became interested in after attending a lecture on loop quantum gravity (LQG). They have a basic understanding of SVT and are looking to expand their knowledge beyond the standard model. They are advised to check online databases and visit their university library for relevant materials, as well as reach out to experts in the field and attend conferences and seminars. Recommended books include "Superfluid States of Matter" and "Superfluidity and Superconductivity".
gbertoli
Hi everybody,
I do not really know if this thread belongs here, it just seemed to me the right place to ask. I don't know if there's a section to ask for books, if so I couldn't find it.
I would like to know more about superfluid vacuum theory (SVT). I am finishing my physics BSc in june, so as you can understand my knowledge over topics beyond the standard model is still pretty basic. I can grasp the ideas, not (yet) the equations.
I went nevertheless to an informative lecture of Carlo Rovelli over LQG. It made me even more curious than I already was, so I went to search for other theories for quantum gravity. I stumbled upon this SVT, so I looked it up on wikipedia and read the whole article. I get the ideas now (kind of), but still I would like to know more. Does anybody know a book I could read, or some papers/articles whatever?
Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi there,

Thank you for your post and for expressing your interest in superfluid vacuum theory (SVT). It's great to see young scientists like yourself exploring beyond the standard model and seeking to expand your knowledge.

Unfortunately, there is no specific section for requesting books on this forum. However, I would suggest checking out online databases such as arXiv or Google Scholar for relevant papers and articles on SVT. You can also visit your university library and speak with a librarian who may be able to guide you towards relevant books on the topic.

In terms of specific book recommendations, I would suggest "Superfluid States of Matter" by David Pines and "Superfluidity and Superconductivity" by John Wilks. These books provide a comprehensive overview of superfluidity and its applications, including SVT.

Additionally, I would recommend reaching out to experts in the field of quantum gravity and superfluidity, as they may be able to provide you with further resources and insights. Attending conferences and seminars on the topic may also be beneficial for expanding your knowledge and connecting with others in the field.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in your studies and research. Keep exploring and never stop learning!

1. What is superfluid vacuum theory?

Superfluid vacuum theory (SVT) is a theoretical framework that proposes that the vacuum of space is not empty, but rather a superfluid medium that permeates the entire universe. This theory suggests that this superfluid vacuum is responsible for the fundamental forces of nature and the behavior of particles.

2. How does SVT differ from other theories of the vacuum?

SVT differs from other theories of the vacuum, such as the Standard Model of particle physics, because it does not rely on the existence of particles or fields to explain the fundamental forces. Instead, it proposes that the vacuum itself is a superfluid medium that can give rise to these forces.

3. What evidence supports SVT?

Currently, there is no direct evidence that supports SVT. However, there are some observed phenomena, such as superfluidity in liquid helium, that are consistent with the behavior predicted by the theory. Additionally, SVT provides a unified explanation for the fundamental forces, which is an attractive aspect of the theory.

4. Are there any potential applications of SVT?

At this time, there are no practical applications of SVT. However, if the theory is proven to be true, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and could potentially lead to new technologies in the future.

5. What are some criticisms of SVT?

One criticism of SVT is that it is currently a purely theoretical framework and has not been supported by any experimental evidence. Additionally, some argue that the theory is too simplistic and does not account for certain phenomena, such as dark matter and dark energy. Others criticize the lack of mathematical rigor in the theory.