1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Books with tons of problems

1. Sep 17, 2014 #1
    Walking to campus this morning, a light bulb appeared above my head...

The concepts that I've mastered, I define mastery as an intuitive understanding of problem solving methods, have one thing in common. I've practiced or used these ideas repeatedly, so they are stored in my long-term memory. For example, I self-studied propositional and predicate logic through UC Davis Logic Primer, which has a ton of problems and exercises with solutions. I've also had to use logic in: Discrete Structures, Analysis, and arguments with my wife.

I'm wondering if you guys know about any books with lots and lots of problems with solutions for these subjects: Statistics, Probability, & Advanced Calculus (as per the topics covered in Baby Rudin)?

Note: I have a copy of The Probability Tutoring Book, which does have a lot of problems with solutions, so a good probability book is the lowest priority of the above 3 subjects.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2014 #2
    Try searching for these books. "Calculus by James Stewart, CENGAGE Learning" . "Probability and Statistical Inference (8th edition) by Robert V. Hogg and Elliot A. Tanis, PEARSON"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted