Books with tons of problems

• Thread starter Mogarrr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of repeated practice in mastering problem solving methods and the search for books with a large number of problems and solutions in subjects such as logic, statistics, probability, and advanced calculus. Some book recommendations are also mentioned, including "Calculus" by James Stewart and "Probability and Statistical Inference" by Robert V. Hogg and Elliot A. Tanis.
Mogarrr
Walking to campus this morning, a light bulb appeared above my head...

The concepts that I've mastered, I define mastery as an intuitive understanding of problem solving methods, have one thing in common. I've practiced or used these ideas repeatedly, so they are stored in my long-term memory. For example, I self-studied propositional and predicate logic through UC Davis Logic Primer, which has a ton of problems and exercises with solutions. I've also had to use logic in: Discrete Structures, Analysis, and arguments with my wife.

I'm wondering if you guys know about any books with lots and lots of problems with solutions for these subjects: Statistics, Probability, & Advanced Calculus (as per the topics covered in Baby Rudin)?

Note: I have a copy of The Probability Tutoring Book, which does have a lot of problems with solutions, so a good probability book is the lowest priority of the above 3 subjects.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try searching for these books. "Calculus by James Stewart, CENGAGE Learning" . "Probability and Statistical Inference (8th edition) by Robert V. Hogg and Elliot A. Tanis, PEARSON"

1. What are "books with tons of problems"?

"Books with tons of problems" refer to textbooks or study guides that contain a large number of practice problems or exercises for students to solve. These books are often used as supplemental materials for students studying a particular subject.

2. What subjects typically have "books with tons of problems" available?

Subjects that often have "books with tons of problems" available include math, science, engineering, and computer science. However, they can also be found for other subjects such as language arts, history, and business.

3. How can "books with tons of problems" benefit students?

"Books with tons of problems" can benefit students by providing them with additional practice and reinforcement of concepts learned in class. They can also help students identify areas where they may need more practice or review, and improve their problem-solving skills.

4. Are "books with tons of problems" only for students?

No, "books with tons of problems" can also be useful for teachers and instructors. They can use these books to create homework assignments, quizzes, or tests for their students. They can also use them as a resource for additional practice materials in their lesson plans.

5. Are all "books with tons of problems" the same?

No, "books with tons of problems" can vary in terms of difficulty level, types of problems, and teaching style. It's important for students and teachers to carefully choose the right book that suits their needs and learning objectives.