1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bridging the gap

1. Sep 16, 2011 #1
    Does anyone here know of a possible bridge degree between a bachelor's deg in electronics engineering and a degree in planetary science? I plan to pursue degrees in astronomy and then planetary science without wasting my five years with electronics. Is it possible to link them? If so, what careers can I have with this combination?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2011 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

I'm not an astronomer, or planetary scientist or involved in the study thereof just as a disclaimer.

One thing that sticks out with electronics and astronomy is signal processing. Have you done any of this? (Be it using hardware or software or a combination of both)?

There is a lot of data to analyze, and signal processing should be a significant part of that, so maybe that might be a lead for you.

4. Sep 16, 2011 #3
    I've also thought of signal processing as a lead towards astronomy. But without having any degree in physics or astronomy, that would just lead me to careers in engineering equipment for scientists. I was wondering if I could go both ways of being an engineer and a planetary scientist.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook