How do I troubleshoot a simulation not loading in my web browser?

• Thread starter teggenspiller
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Buoyancy
In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling with an online physics class assignment on buoyancy. They are unable to access a simulation and are reaching out for help. The conversation ends with the student mentioning technical difficulties they are experiencing.
teggenspiller
Buoyancy.. can someone help me!?

Homework Statement

im doing an online physics intro class. and for the buoyancy chapter i have to open this .jar file and then explain what happens to the hot air balloon, what factors are affecting it floating, etc. Clcik here to launch the simulation.

http://jcpseschool.jefferson.k12.ky...f-e80e-4d7a-b8b4-7d62a7885655&permalinkType=0

but i can't view it with my computer for some reason. and so i was going to ask you guys what the heck is happening in the similuation so i can move on in the class (which i have 17days left to finish by the way) .

Homework Equations

??ahhhh

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

Session Timeout
Your session has expired due to an extended period of inactivity. You will need to reauthenticate to access the requested information.
Important links- Report an Error -~- Jefferson County Public Schools -~- College-NOW! -~- LearnAnytime

That's what I get when I try to load it.

What web browser are you using?

1. What is buoyancy?

Buoyancy is the upward force that a fluid exerts on an object that is submerged in it. It is a result of the difference in pressure between the top and bottom of the object.

2. How is buoyancy calculated?

Buoyancy is calculated using Archimedes' principle, which states that the buoyant force is equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the object. This can be represented by the equation Fb = ρVg, where Fb is the buoyant force, ρ is the density of the fluid, V is the volume of the displaced fluid, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

3. What factors affect buoyancy?

The buoyancy of an object is affected by its density, volume, and the density of the fluid it is submerged in. A less dense object will experience more buoyancy, and a larger volume will result in more buoyant force. The density of the fluid also plays a role, as denser fluids will exert more buoyant force on an object.

4. How does buoyancy affect floating and sinking?

If the buoyant force acting on an object is greater than its weight, the object will float. If the weight of the object is greater than the buoyant force, it will sink. This is why objects with a lower density than the fluid will float, while those with a higher density will sink.

5. How is buoyancy used in real life?

Buoyancy has many practical applications, such as in shipbuilding and designing submarines. It is also used in everyday objects like life jackets and inner tubes, which rely on buoyancy to keep people afloat. Additionally, buoyancy is important in understanding the behavior of gases and liquids in pipes and vessels.

Back