Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Burkhard Heim

1. Apr 27, 2006 #1
    I read up a few articles on him after someone told me to, and from what I can tell, it is really interesting. I heard that that Heim's theories haven't gotten alot of exposure to the mainstream scientific world, and that if verified, could change the way we think of things. What really caught my attention was that he proposed a kind of "field drive" that would make interstellar travel within a human lifetime a thing of reality. I thought it was pretty neat, here's some links:

Biography and other things about his theory

Theoretical applications of theories
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2006 #2
    Problem: I had not found translation in English of Heim's works! only some introduction, no technical texts...
    At this moment the most interesting thing is the masses prediction
    (it was used also at DESY)
    have we other things to evaluate it?
  4. Apr 30, 2006 #3
    One thing about Heim's theory is a bit unclear to me.
    I read somewhere (unfortunatly I cannot remeber where), that his theory doesn't predict black holes because/and it comes without any singularities. (The topic there was, that it doesn't predict any particles, besides the neutral electron, which aren't found yet.)

I'm a bit unsure if this means for this theory black holes do not exist. A universe without black holes? Aren't black holes relativly sure to exist today?

Does someone know a paper about the heim theory, which descripes the main ideas behind it and how it actually "solved" the gravity problem.

And Universe_Man there are allready some topics about the heim theory with those links and a long discussion about them. The search-button is your friend ;)
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?