Answers and Replies

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Birthday pie? What?

Danger
Gold Member
Encorp, that is one of the weirdest things that I have ever clicked on. Please don't do that again. :redface:

My teacher asked me if there were 2 pies and 15 people then what should each person get. I said it was an easy problem and she said yeah, it's a piece of cake. Now I'm confused.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is epic!! #6 with the two guys faces are EXACTLY how I feel after eating the two.

encorp
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is epic!! #6 with the two guys faces are EXACTLY how I feel after eating the two.
Haha yes, that is the one that struck close to home with me too! LOL

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The only reason for eating cake is the icing. Pie has no icing.

==> Cake is superior. QED.

Cake is also multifunctional: If you are on a diet, just scrape the icing off the cake and eat it that way.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Of course, you can't do math with cake.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
When you gorge yourself on cake, "You have a problem".

When you gorge yourself on pie, "Why didn't you save me a piece!"

encorp
The only reason for eating cake is the icing. Pie has no icing.

==> Cake is superior. QED.

Cake is also multifunctional: If you are on a diet, just scrape the icing off the cake and eat it that way.
BUT; if you scrape the icing off a cake, you're left with something not so cakey or piey or good.

Yes: I said "Piey".

OP should have made a poll.

Cake is better than Pi.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
cake is spongy and bready.

Pie is super tasty.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pie is definitely better! I have half a pie left over and I think I am going to eat all of it by myself! :biggrin: :biggrin: I feel nothing for cake. The cake in itself is uneventful to eat, so that's probably why they cover it in the overly sugary icing :yuck:

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Bah, the cakey bit is full of cakey goodness, and the icing is just icing on the cake!

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What about cheesecake?

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Cheesecake isn't cake. :frown:

turbo
Gold Member
My wife makes pies to die for. No cake can compare. Fall and winter get-togethers mean she's making raspberry/rhubarb or strawberry/rhubarb pie, pumpkin pie (using only REAL pumpkins), apple pie, peach pie... There's no frosting on the pies, but serve them warm with French vanilla ice cream - Heaven!!

BTW, the berries and fruit are all fresh-frozen and come from our property or our neighbor's place, so the fillings are very flavorful - not like the stuff from the store. Our two chest freezers are wonderful!

Last edited:
Psshhh. You're all crazy. Ice cream cake pwns all pie.

Plus no one ever has "wedding pie" cause nobody wants a stupid pie at their wedding. You can't even put a fountain in pie like you can a cake.

Castle-Fountain-Wedding-Cake.jpg

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The cake is a lie!

turbo
Gold Member
We had a small cake at our wedding reception. AND all kinds of pies. My wife and I eloped and both our families insisted that we have a reception party after we told them. This is old-time farm country, and people tend to eat hearty. Berry pies with ice cream are really popular. Same with apple pie and sharp cheddar. There were Swedish meatballs, finger-rolls, etc, but the pies outnumbered the cake by X:1, and they got devoured.

wolram
Gold Member
You left out tarts, tarts are better than cake and pies, my all time favourite is treacle.
My least favourite is APPLE TART. peyuuuu.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Psshhh. You're all crazy. Ice cream cake pwns all pie.

Plus no one ever has "wedding pie" cause nobody wants a stupid pie at their wedding. You can't even put a fountain in pie like you can a cake.

Castle-Fountain-Wedding-Cake.jpg
This isn't about architecture, the question is, Is it edible?

I was ruined for US style cakes 35 years ago when I married into a Czech family. Babicka made Austrian Torts to die for, the frosting was heavenly, making the crap smeared over American cakes fit only for the garbage can. That marriage and babicka are long dead but I still cannot enjoy the usual cake.

Like Turbo's, my wife bakes a killer pie, I am happy with that. We had a major tragedy earlier this week when the freezer door did not close completely and we lost the 4 gal of wild bleckberries we picked 2 weeks ago. :(