Headspace air pressure in a closed tank with fluid and manometer tubes

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
jderulo said:
58860N.m^-2 ? Assuming a head of 5m?
Yes. That's the air pressure in the tank headspace (over and above atmospheric pressure).

Chet
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Chet - I had that value earlier, was you trying to see if I understood it?

The y value, the 1.7m - seems odd that I do not include that. I always thought we had to use all the data in chem eng problems. At least I have in the past!
 
jderulo said:
Thanks Chet - I had that value earlier, was you trying to see if I understood it?

The y value, the 1.7m - seems odd that I do not include that. I always thought we had to use all the data in chem eng problems. At least I have in the past!
Why do you think they put the y into the problem description?
 
Chestermiller said:
Why do you think they put the y into the problem description?
Not really sure can only assume it would make the solution glaringly obvious if it wasn't there...?
 
jderulo said:
Not really sure can only assume it would make the solution glaringly obvious if it wasn't there...?
Exactly.