Why is the azimuth of BC greater than the azimuth of AB?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolguy16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
coolguy16
Messages
15
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


In the attachment. Need to calculate azimuth of BC.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I don't understand why the azimuth of AB would be given as 126 degrees when it is almost a complete revolution of 360 degrees. I calculated the back azimuth which would be 306°55'17''. (126°55'17"+180°=306°55'17'').I added the interior B angle and got 178°18'58". But how could the of BC be greater then AB? Please help me. Thanks!
 
Attachments
  • l.pdf
    l.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 480
Physics news on Phys.org
There is a B arc labelled angle B and then there is a wider arc around that B arc. That wider arc is completely deceptive.

The 126 55 17 is a bearing from N.
 
Thanks for replying. Does that mean my answer is correct?