Calculating Force Needed to Overcome Resistance in m=1.45X10^6 kg Building

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Kiyana
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



m= 1.45X10^6 kg
w=1.00X10^2 MJ
a=0 m/s^2
to over come the force resistance that was 2.00 percent of the building's weight

Homework Equations



Fa=Ff (force applied=force friction)

The Attempt at a Solution



Fa= Fn-Ff

Im confused on how to find the force friction, the Fn is 0 due to the fact that the acceleration is 0, but i have no clue how to find the Ff.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think you should post the whole problem on #1. I'm not really sure what's happening here.
 
Kiyana said:

Homework Statement



m= 1.45X10^6 kg
w=1.00X10^2 MJ
a=0 m/s^2
to over come the force resistance that was 2.00 percent of the building's weight

Homework Equations



Fa=Ff (force applied=force friction)

The Attempt at a Solution



Fa= Fn-Ff

Im confused on how to find the force friction, the Fn is 0 due to the fact that the acceleration is 0, but i have no clue how to find the Ff.

I am hesitant to say that I cannot help you. You must post the "proper context" of the problem. Just giving off values will not assist you. I am also not sure what are you trying to find out. The force of friction ? If that is so then why don't you consider the acceleration due to gravity if force resistance is 2.00 percent of the building's weight.