Calculating Magnetic Field of a Solenoid with Changing Amperage

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
GermanMC
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I've been given a solenoid and I have N/l = 100 turns/meter, dI/dt = 0.05A/s and a radius of 0.005m. I am only concerned with the dI/dt.


Homework Equations



B = μ*N/l*I
[itex]\Phi[/itex] = [itex]\int\int[/itex] B[itex]\bullet[/itex]n dl
[itex]\epsilon[/itex] = d[itex]\Phi[/itex]/dt

The Attempt at a Solution



For B I get the field but how do I deal with my amperage in amps/s instead of just amps. Once I get that I'll take the derivative of the flux with respect to time and I'll be fine. Any clues will be much appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
When you take d(phi)/dt of your 2nd expression, you can interchange the order of differentiation and integration because both are linear operations. d/dt comes inside and operates on B. You find dB/dt from your first expression, which looks wrong BTW. (Shouldn't I be in the denominator?)