Calculating maximum flux density

In summary, the problem is to find the maximum flux density for an alternating voltage with a frequency of 100 Hz.
JoelKTH
Homework Statement
Calculating maximum flux density
Relevant Equations
u=dphi/dt=dNBA/dt
Hi everyone,

I have a EE problem that I need to sort out for alternating voltage. I have to find out the maximum flux density.

B_max= integral from 150 degrees to 30 degrees (u/(2NA) dt is my problem.
I have a hard time to integrate this since I am to integrate with time and not degrees or radians. The frequency f= 100 Hz in this problem(not sure if its relevant).
How do I convert degrees to time? To my knowledge the right answer for 150 degrees should be 25/6 ms to 5/6 ms

Necessary data that's not part of my question but in the problem description: U_max= 200 V, A= 0.06^2 m^2, u=dphi/dt=dNBA/dt

Kind regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, there is a relation between degrees and time if you have the frequency ... because ##f=2\pi \omega## where ##\omega## is the angular velocity (or pulsation). If you write ##\omega=\frac{\Delta \alpha}{\Delta t}## you have that ## \Delta \alpha = \frac{f}{2\pi}\Delta t##, or simply ##\alpha=\frac{f}{2\pi}t## (if it is not a difference), I don't know if this can help you ...
Ssnow

Likes JoelKTH
Hi, thank you for your reply.

I think some kind of variable substitution is the way to go. If the angular velocity w= d(alpha)/dt ---> dt= w/(d(alpha)) is possible to put into the integral. However using degrees in integral is giving me a maximum flow of about 36.5 T which is way too high.

Is it possible to convert differently?

I attached the integral and the data, perhaps its clearer to understand the problem

Attachments

• Integral.jpg
    Integral.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hi, yes I think the substitution can be of the following form ## \alpha \,=\, \frac{50}{\pi}t## do the differential will be ##d\alpha\,=\,\frac{50}{\pi}dt## and inverting ##dt\,=\, \frac{\pi}{50} d\alpha##, now put it into your integral ... 😄
Ssnow

Hi,

I tried putting it into the integral. The first try was to convert it to radians and the second to degrees.
I attached my solution and the "right" solution. However I do not get the same answer as below...2021-04-07#2-solution.PNG

Are you sure my attached solution is the way to go?

Kind regards

Attachments

• 17aug.2022.pdf
    151.3 KB · Views: 100
After 1/100 s you make a full circle -> 360°
Now you can calculate how long you need for 1° respectively 150° etc.
For 150° you''ll get the 25/6 ms
For the 30° it's the same approach.

Likes Ssnow and JoelKTH
Thank you, I got it :D

What is maximum flux density?

Maximum flux density, also known as peak flux density, is the highest value of magnetic flux density that can be achieved in a given material or system.

How is maximum flux density calculated?

Maximum flux density is calculated by dividing the maximum magnetic flux by the cross-sectional area through which it passes. This can be represented by the equation Bmax = Φmax/A, where Bmax is the maximum flux density, Φmax is the maximum magnetic flux, and A is the cross-sectional area.

What factors affect maximum flux density?

The maximum flux density of a material or system is affected by several factors, including the strength of the magnetic field, the material's magnetic permeability, and the geometry of the system. Higher magnetic fields and materials with higher permeability tend to have higher maximum flux densities.

Why is calculating maximum flux density important?

Calculating maximum flux density is important for understanding the behavior of magnetic materials and systems. It can help determine the maximum amount of magnetic energy that can be stored or transferred, and is crucial in the design and optimization of devices such as electromagnets and transformers.

What are some common units for maximum flux density?

Maximum flux density is commonly measured in units of tesla (T) or gauss (G). One tesla is equal to 10,000 gauss, and both units are used to represent the strength of a magnetic field. Other units, such as weber per square meter (Wb/m2) and maxwell per square centimeter (Mx/cm2), are also used to measure flux density.