Calculating Period T in Terms of pi, λ, and g

  • Thread starter Thread starter sphouxay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Period Pi Terms
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
sphouxay
Messages
17
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the period T for a wave of wavelength (lambda) .
Express the period in terms of pi, lambda , and g.


Homework Equations



T = lambda/velocity,
lambda = velocity/frequency
T= 1/frequency
k (wave number) = 2pi/lambda
V = Squareroot of (g/k)

The Attempt at a Solution


Ive tried several attempts but nothing leads me to the terms I needed alone. More will be added later if I find out.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sphouxay said:

Homework Equations



T = lambda/velocity,
lambda = velocity/frequency
T= 1/frequency
k (wave number) = 2pi/lambda
V = Squareroot of (g/k)

The Attempt at a Solution


Ive tried several attempts but nothing leads me to the terms I needed alone. More will be added later if I find out.
As you said, T = λ/V. This is a good starting point.
Next, you can use your expression for V here.