1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Calculation of heat loss by Degree C/minute.

1. Dec 9, 2016 #1
    Hi i was thinking about how to calculate the temperature lost by Degree Celsius per minute and was wondering if you had the surface area of the object, its initial temperature, a constant flow rate of air around the object and probably also need some coefficient of heat loss based on the material.

With all of these variables could i then do the calculation? and what is the math that i would half to use? could some one link formulas please would be awesome of you nameless person in the future...

I ask this not for school but my own curiosity, i like thinking about how to calculate things but dont know much math in physics.

Also does sold matter lose heat at a constant rate no matter the temperature? ( I ask because there only so much air that can surround an object at a given time).

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2016 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted