Calculation of inertia resistance in my geometry

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Analysis
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Dear all,

I have bit vague about calculation of inertia resistance in my geometry.i have rotational system of regular geometry,i have calculated the "I"value .
which equation i have to use I * alpha or I *w(omega^2),or they both in same...

In some calculations later equation is used...


Prakash
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Analysis said:
which equation i have to use I * alpha or I *w(omega^2),or they both in same...

Hi Prakash! :smile:

(have an alpha: α and an omega: ω and try using the X2 tag just above the Reply box :wink:)

Learn your moment of inertia basics …

Iω is angular momentum, 1/2 I ω2 is energy,

and d/dt(Iω) = Iα + (dI/dt)ω is torque (so if I is constant, then Iα is torque). :smile:
 


The basic equivalence to inertia is mass, like in p (momentum)= mv. In rotational systems, it would be the moment of inertia, like mb2 for a point mass m at the end of a massless rod of length b.