Calculation of torque of a DC motor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 14K views
fawaaz
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

Im currently doing my final year project and I need to calculate the torque of a DC motor so that I can replace it accordingly by another motor. Here are the motor's specification : 400V, 50Hz, 6poles, 200kW, 1400rpm, 371A
Can anyone please help me sort this out.

regards,
Fawaaz
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I think the RPM (or number of poles) listed is incorrectk assuming specs above are for an induction motor.
A 6 pole motor at 50 Hz should give about 1000 rpm synchronous. With 1% slip, you should expect about 990 rpm.
50 Hz with 4 poles gives 1500 rpm synchronous. The motor would have to slip over 6% to make 1400 rpm.
 
Last edited:
oooh god... i made a mistake... itz 1000rpm... :(

now u can calculate the torque??
 
You know the power (200kw) and you know the rpm (1400). Open any first year physics book and look up the relationship between hp-rpm-torque.