This is sort of an engineering question and sort of not but it involves me possible replacing the lithium-ion battery in my iPod Touch. My iPod will not turn on no matter what I do. My iPod says that there is no battery life left in the battery, yet when I took it apart and removed the battery, my volt-meter shows that the battery has a voltage of exactly 3.7 volts which is the battery's factory voltage. To me it seems that it could be a shot battery but the fact that the battery has 3.7 volts says otherwise. I want to know if it is my battery that is the problem before I pay to order a replacement.