Can adding automatic Latex rendering improve MHB discussions?

• Java
  • Thread starter Jameson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Javascript
In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of adding automatic rendering of Latex on MHB to enhance the communication of mathematical concepts and equations. The speaker, Jameson, is seeking help from someone with experience in javascript to implement this feature. They also mention having a basic outline of the project and suggest looking at the code used on math.stackexchange.com for reference. Another participant, a scientist, expresses interest in helping and recommends understanding the code used on math.stackexchange.com before making any necessary changes to fit MHB's needs. They also mention the importance of knowing the platform MHB is built on for compatibility purposes. In conclusion, the conversation ends with a mutual agreement to further discuss the details and collaborate on making this project successful.
Jameson
Gold Member
MHB
Hi gang.

I am trying to test out how adding automatic rendering of Latex would possibly benefit MHB. This requires a few javascript functions from what I can gather so far, but I just don't have the experience with JS. If anyone feels like he or she might be able to help, please reply here or PM me. I have the basic outline of what needs to happen so nothing is from scratch, just some edits.

The goal is to have a similar ability to render equations as you type them, just like on math.stackexchange.com, but maybe with some small changes. Their code is partially viewable but I need help making sense of it.

I can provide more concrete details if there is interest, but for now I won't post a bunch of code and notes to read through. Here is a working example of the basic idea of this small project.

Jameson

Technology news on Phys.org
, as a scientist, I understand the importance of being able to effectively communicate mathematical concepts and equations. Adding automatic rendering of Latex on MHB could greatly enhance the readability and clarity of discussions on the forum. I am familiar with javascript and would be happy to help with this project.

First, I suggest looking at the code used on math.stackexchange.com to get a better understanding of how it works. From there, we can make any necessary changes to fit the needs of MHB. It would also be helpful to know what platform MHB is built on so we can ensure compatibility.

I am definitely interested in hearing more about the project and would be happy to provide any assistance I can. Let's discuss the details further and work together to make this a successful addition to MHB.

Related to Can adding automatic Latex rendering improve MHB discussions?

1. What is Javascript?

Javascript is a programming language commonly used to add interactivity and dynamic behavior to web pages. It is primarily used for client-side scripting, meaning it runs on the user's web browser rather than on a remote server.

2. What is a Javascript coder?

A Javascript coder is a programmer who specializes in writing code in the Javascript language. They are responsible for creating and maintaining interactive features on websites, such as forms, animations, and dynamic content.

3. What skills do I need to become a Javascript coder?

To become a successful Javascript coder, you will need a strong understanding of HTML and CSS, as well as proficiency in Javascript. It is also helpful to have knowledge of programming concepts, such as variables, loops, and functions.

4. How can I improve my Javascript coding skills?

There are many resources available online to help improve your Javascript coding skills. You can take online courses, read tutorials and documentation, participate in coding challenges, and practice by building your own projects.

5. What are some common uses for Javascript?

Javascript can be used for a variety of purposes, including creating interactive forms, validating user input, building games, and creating animations. It is also commonly used for implementing third-party tools and libraries, such as Google Maps and social media widgets.