Can charged particles be used as a barrier for destroying or displacing objects?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
Silentkitty2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Idea... charged particle berrier use of ionized particles moving at such high voilositys to and from 2 points such as copper and aluminum detract and attract so any objects that move between the 2 points gets intersected by the charged particles and destroyed or displaced.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Silentkitty2 said:
Idea... charged particle berrier use of ionized particles moving at such high voilositys to and from 2 points such as copper and aluminum detract and attract so any objects that move between the 2 points gets intersected by the charged particles and destroyed or displaced.

How do high velocity ions destroy or displace objects? Could a hydrogen ion (a proton), for example, destroy or displace objects?

I suggest you work on improving your English spelling. We need to spell words correctly to communicate ideas clearly.
 
I actually propose that his/her knowledge of science is what requires augmentation, and that's what we're here for. I had no trouble understanding what s/he means, but the concept is flawed.
 
Yes, I agree the concept in Silentkitty2's post is flawed. I asked the two questions just to try to illustrate those flaws.