Can I adjust R4 and R5 to maintain a 12k input impedance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter likephysics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Network Resistor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
likephysics
Messages
638
Reaction score
4
How do I reduce this resistor network.

The input current and the return current should be equal. But in this case, some current will also flow to ground. Can't get my head around this.
 
Attachments
  • res.JPG
    res.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 478
Engineering news on Phys.org
likephysics said:
How do I reduce this resistor network.

The input current and the return current should be equal. But in this case, some current will also flow to ground. Can't get my head around this.

No current flows "to ground" per se. Just connect the two ends of the resistors that have ground symbols with a wire -- that's the only other path for current. No current "leaves" the system the way it's drawn.
 
So the two grounded resistors are in parallel with the 12k resistor?
 
likephysics said:
So the two grounded resistors are in parallel with the 12k resistor?

Yep!
 
The 12K is the input impedance of a receiver IC. I got to increase R4,R5 to keep the impedance close to 12k.