Can someone explain this stupid PayPal thing to me?

In summary: Welcome to the fold. You will receive the key to the executive washroom in 10-14 days. In the mean time, have some fish..please.You should be able to just pay by credit cardThanks, I figured it out. The only option was a check, but I didn't recognize the numbers. It was from the right account after all. Woohoo! Wake up, Greg! Upgrade me! In summary,The person is trying to become a PF Contributor, but they don't know how to do it.They found out that they can pay by credit card, and that they don't actually have to sign up with a paypal account to use
honestrosewater
Gold Member
I just want to become a PF Contributor today! I'm using someone else's PayPal account because I don't have or want one. So how do I do this? Their website doesn't help. Her current balance is 0. Do I have to transfer money to the account or what? Can I just pay with a credit card? How do I do that? Ugh?! :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
You should be able to just pay by credit card

Thanks, I figured it out. The only option was a check, but I didn't recognize the numbers. It was from the right account after all. Woohoo! Wake up, Greg! Upgrade me! :biggrin:

honestrosewater said:
Thanks, I figured it out. The only option was a check, but I didn't recognize the numbers. It was from the right account after all. Woohoo! Wake up, Greg! Upgrade me! :biggrin:

You do realize the money was secretly transferred to an off-shore bank account in the camen islands right? Your supporting terrorism...

Pengwuino said:
You do realize the money was secretly transferred to an off-shore bank account in the camen islands right? Your supporting terrorism...
Oh... I still get my name in gold letters, though, right? :uhh:

Of course!

ah. good. I mean, that's what really matters.

As long as they aren't ninja terrorists. They spend all of their money making stupid videos with bad music.

How can you call that music bad??

terrorist!

Pengwuino said:
How can you call that music bad??

terrorist!
OMG, could you guys stop arguing with me for 5 minutes?!

Flightless birdo! meh, I'll think of something better later...

honestrosewater said:
OMG, could you guys stop arguing with me for 5 minutes?!

never! we love you too much to stop :D

Pengwuino said:
never! we love you too much to stop :D
Well, I suppose that exceptional stamina could come in handy. :wink:

ewwwwww :P

Pengwuino said:
ewwwwww :P
Eh, is that a grossed out ewwwww?

What other kinds of grossed out are there!

This place needs a chat room

Pengwuino said:
What other kinds of grossed out are there!

This place needs a chat room
Sorry, I'm just not used to that kind of reaction. Are all the real men in the chat room? :biggrin:

No ,they are over-crowding the frat room..:smile:

arildno said:
No ,they are over-crowding the frat room..:smile:
Ooh, there's a frat room? Physicists and engineers can come up with some wicked variations on the beer bong. You guys be careful, don't hurt yourselves.

If you paid using someone else's account, you should send Greg a PM letting him know, otherwise he might not know who to credit the contribution to. For future reference, you don't actually have to sign up with a paypal account to use paypal. If you pay by credit card, you can bypass the entire paypal registration thing.

no, she payed using someone else's paypal account. not PF account

yomamma said:
no, she payed using someone else's paypal account. not PF account
But I don't know if that would mean the payment would show up in that other person's name and not match to her account information here. Since she isn't gold yet, it seems likely.

maybe greg's asleep.

I think they use your e-mail for id verification and Greg should be able to check that against the members list or something.
Any way she's good as gold now.

Yep, welcome to the Gold Club Honestrosewater! :smile:

AH! That yellow is blinding!

Yay Honestrosewater! :approve:

Welcome to the fold. You will receive the key to the executive washroom in 10-14 days. In the mean time, have some fish..please.

I PMed Greg just in case. That executive washroom sounds nice - the one in the frat house is a microbiologist's paradise. :yuck:

1. What is PayPal and how does it work?

PayPal is an online payment system that allows individuals and businesses to send and receive money electronically. It acts as a middleman between buyers and sellers, securely processing transactions and protecting sensitive financial information.

2. How do I set up a PayPal account?

To set up a PayPal account, go to their website and click on the "Sign Up" button. You will be prompted to enter your personal and financial information, such as your name, email, and bank account or credit card details. Once your account is created, you can start using PayPal to send and receive money.

3. Can I use PayPal to make purchases online?

Yes, you can use PayPal to make purchases online on websites that accept this payment method. When checking out, select PayPal as your payment option and log into your account to complete the transaction. This allows you to securely make purchases without sharing your financial information with the seller.

4. Are there any fees associated with using PayPal?

There are typically no fees for using PayPal to make purchases. However, there may be fees for receiving payments or transferring funds to your bank account. Be sure to check PayPal's website for their current fee structure.

5. How secure is PayPal?

PayPal is considered a secure payment method. They use advanced encryption and fraud detection tools to protect your financial information. Additionally, PayPal offers buyer and seller protection for eligible transactions, providing an extra layer of security for users.