Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone explain this? (Thermodynamics)

1. Feb 8, 2015 #1
    Can someone explain to me which different processes there are in this steam engine? And where they start and end? I can't find figure it out...

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2015 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Is this homework? The processes are labeled on the diagram....could you be more specific about what you don't understand?

4. Feb 8, 2015 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What a bizarrely interesting diagram. It's a schematic and a graph intergrated in one illo.

5. Feb 8, 2015 #4
    The problem is, I don't know where the exact process is happening, fx. I dont know where the isochore proces is on the diagram or if there is a isochore proces at all

6. Feb 8, 2015 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

What does isochoric mean?

7. Feb 9, 2015 #6
    There are four different processes, isocore, isoterm, isobar and a adiabatic process.

8. Feb 9, 2015 #7
    Well. . The exact process is happening in the Cylinder. If the Piston press in thats the compression comes in. and i think the process is Isochore.

9. Feb 10, 2015 #8
    You should not expect PF helpful staff to explain thermodynamics to you, you should
    1.read a chapter on thermodynamics in a physics books
    2. read the section on thermodynamics at physicsclassroom.com or hyperphysics.com , both are great sites
    3. if you have any questions about thermal dynamics please ask them here after you have done some research on it.
    But basically it has to do with differences in potential, Hot Air goes to wear cool air is.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook