Can someone help me understand as well as validate this article

• B
  • Thread starter HankDorsett
  • Start date
  • Tags
    article
In summary, the conversation discusses a scientific article about quantum entanglement and delayed choice experiments. The article is often misinterpreted as a change in the past, but the forum members clarify that it is just a journalistic approach. They also mention a related experiment and the standard view that supports it.
HankDorsett
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
Validating an article
Physics news on Phys.org
Yet another example of delayed choice experiments, which are often incorrectly interpreted as a change of the past.

HankDorsett said:
Summary: Validating an article

Can someone take a look at this article and first confirm its accuracy and if it is accurate help me understand it a bit more?

https://www.livescience.com/19975-spooky-quantum-entanglement.html

That's journalism rather than science.

PeroK said:
That's journalism rather than science.

Try this again.

Thanks for both of your responses. Although I have no understanding of the quantum world I found it hard to believe.

Yet another reason why I love this forum.

PeroK said:
In particular, it says:
"If a photon in flight is interpreted as being in a so-called "superposition of states", i.e. if it is interpreted as something that has the potentiality to manifest as a particle or wave, but during its time in flight is neither, then there is no time paradox. This is the standard view, and recent experiments have supported it."

1. What does it mean to understand and validate an article?

Understanding an article means being able to comprehend the information presented and the main ideas and arguments presented by the author. Validating an article means critically evaluating the information and determining its accuracy and reliability.

2. How can someone help me understand and validate an article?

Someone can help you understand and validate an article by discussing the main ideas and arguments with you, providing additional resources or explanations, and asking questions to help you think critically about the information presented.

3. Why is it important to understand and validate an article?

Understanding and validating an article is important because it allows you to determine the credibility and accuracy of the information presented. This is especially important in scientific research, as it helps to ensure that the conclusions drawn from the article are reliable.

4. What are some strategies for understanding and validating an article?

Some strategies for understanding and validating an article include reading the article critically, checking the sources and references cited, evaluating the author's credentials and biases, and discussing the article with others.

5. Can understanding and validating an article be subjective?

Yes, understanding and validating an article can be subjective to some extent. However, by using critical thinking skills and evaluating the evidence presented, one can minimize the subjectivity and make a more objective assessment of the article.