Can we open a music section-forum?

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Arman777
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of opening a music section-forum on the website and the suggestion to start a thread in the General Discussion forum about it. It is also mentioned that there used to be a forum for literature and humanities, which included music, but was removed due to low traffic.
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
Can we open a music section-forum ?
I think that could be nice..Its too irrelevant with physics maybe, but I don't know just an idea

Physics news on Phys.org
It didnt show up when I was writing the title...I see thanks

Arman777 said:
Can we open a music section-forum ?
You might be able to start a thread in the General Discussion forum about it. Is there already a thread similar to what you would like?

berkeman said:
You might be able to start a thread in the General Discussion forum about it. Is there already a thread similar to what you would like?

Sure sounds nice

Likes Greg Bernhardt
We do have threads about music in General Discussion. On the first page alone, if you scroll down enough, you'll find "Best song ever" and "Mozart's computational abilities".

If I remember correctly, we once had a forum named something like "Literature & Humanities" which included music. It didn't get much traffic, so we removed it several years ago and merged all of its threads into General Discussion.

Likes Arman777

Related to Can we open a music section-forum?

1. Can music be considered a scientific topic?

While music can involve elements of science, such as acoustics and neuroscience, it is primarily considered an art form rather than a science. However, there may be overlap in certain areas such as music therapy or the study of music cognition.

2. How would a music section-forum benefit scientific research?

A music section-forum could provide a platform for researchers to share their findings and collaborate with others in their field. It could also facilitate discussions and debates on current topics in music research, leading to new ideas and advancements in the field.

3. Would a music section-forum be limited to a specific genre or style of music?

No, a music section-forum could encompass all genres and styles of music. This would allow for a diverse range of discussions and perspectives on music as a whole.

4. Could non-scientists participate in the music section-forum?

Yes, a music section-forum could be open to anyone with an interest in music. Non-scientists may offer unique insights and perspectives on music, and their participation could enhance the discussions and collaborations within the forum.

5. How can we ensure the validity and accuracy of information shared in the music section-forum?

One way to ensure validity and accuracy is to have moderators who are knowledgeable in both music and science to review and approve posts. Additionally, encouraging sources and evidence to be cited can help to maintain the integrity of the information shared in the forum.