Can you guys do this trick ?

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
Can you guys do this trick ???

http://www.16plus.be/node/2718 [Broken]

Ok, the texts are in Dutch but they are not important. The opposite circular hand movement is what counts.

Enjoy

marlon

ps music is a French song called "PADAM" sung by Edith Piaf (this is for you tribdog)

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

I can do it some then both hands start going the same way....:grumpy:

Nope, I can't :cry:

I can do it, if I can keep my fingers out of my ears with that singing going on.

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That's one of my favorites.

lol @ the song

I swear, I try to start it, but my brain won't let my fingers do it. For a split second I will think I am doing it, but then realize both fingers are going the same way.. aargh!!

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
There's a whole category of these tricks. Here's another good one:

Hold your two fists out in front of you. On your left hand, stick out your pinky finger, and on your right hand, stick out your thumb. So, you would see:

-O -O

(where O denotes your fist, and - denotes a digit)

Then, you switch: on your left hand, stick out your thumb, and on your right hand your pinky:

O- O-

and then alternate back and forth.

-O -O
O- O-
-O -O
O- O-

the secret is to do one revolution at a time then pause. reduce the length of the pause as you get better. It also helps if you stand on one foot and close the opposite eye and whistle. (I made that up cause it makes me laugh to think someone might try it)

turbo
Gold Member
I can do it, but then again I can play guitar and drums (through not at the same time) and have a pretty good degree of hand independence. If you can play well-timed paradiddles across a span of drums, cymbals, you know what I mean.

turbo-1 said:
I can do it, but then again I can play guitar and drums (through not at the same time) and have a pretty good degree of hand independence. If you can play well-timed paradiddles across a span of drums, cymbals, you know what I mean.
I too play drums, ive played for something like 8 years but still struggled to do this although it seems increadibly easy watching it, too bad it isnt...

tribdog said:
I can do it, if I can keep my fingers out of my ears with that singing going on.
ooh man that hurts...i tried to do you a favour here and you just spit it back into my f***ing face...THANKS MAN

marlon

tribdog said:
the secret is to do one revolution at a time then pause.
My trick is to make sure that my fingers are going in opposite directions at the top of the loop. The rest takes care of itself.

jimmysnyder said:
My trick is to make sure that my fingers are going in opposite directions at the top of the loop. The rest takes care of itself.
indeed, that's how i do it myself...

marlon

Hurkyl said:
There's a whole category of these tricks. Here's another good one:

Hold your two fists out in front of you. On your left hand, stick out your pinky finger, and on your right hand, stick out your thumb. So, you would see:

-O -O

(where O denotes your fist, and - denotes a digit)

Then, you switch: on your left hand, stick out your thumb, and on your right hand your pinky:

O- O-

and then alternate back and forth.

-O -O
O- O-
-O -O
O- O-
Haha that is a great one, but i cannot do it.

marlon