Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you guys do this trick ?

1. Oct 17, 2006 #1
    Can you guys do this trick ???

http://www.16plus.be/node/2718

Ok, the texts are in Dutch but they are not important. The opposite circular hand movement is what counts.

Enjoy

marlon

ps music is a French song called "PADAM" sung by Edith Piaf (this is for you tribdog)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2006 #2
    I can do it some then both hands start going the same way....:grumpy:

4. Oct 17, 2006 #3
    Nope, I can't :cry:

5. Oct 17, 2006 #4
    I can do it, if I can keep my fingers out of my ears with that singing going on.

6. Oct 17, 2006 #5

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's one of my favorites.

7. Oct 17, 2006 #6
    lol @ the song

8. Oct 17, 2006 #7
    I swear, I try to start it, but my brain won't let my fingers do it. For a split second I will think I am doing it, but then realize both fingers are going the same way.. aargh!!

9. Oct 17, 2006 #8

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's a whole category of these tricks. Here's another good one:

Hold your two fists out in front of you. On your left hand, stick out your pinky finger, and on your right hand, stick out your thumb. So, you would see:

-O -O

(where O denotes your fist, and - denotes a digit)

Then, you switch: on your left hand, stick out your thumb, and on your right hand your pinky:

O- O-

and then alternate back and forth.

-O -O
    O- O-
    -O -O
    O- O-

10. Oct 17, 2006 #9
    the secret is to do one revolution at a time then pause. reduce the length of the pause as you get better. It also helps if you stand on one foot and close the opposite eye and whistle. (I made that up cause it makes me laugh to think someone might try it)

11. Oct 18, 2006 #10

turbo

Gold Member

I can do it, but then again I can play guitar and drums (through not at the same time) and have a pretty good degree of hand independence. If you can play well-timed paradiddles across a span of drums, cymbals, you know what I mean.

12. Oct 18, 2006 #11
    I too play drums, ive played for something like 8 years but still struggled to do this although it seems increadibly easy watching it, too bad it isnt...

13. Oct 19, 2006 #12
    ooh man that hurts...i tried to do you a favour here and you just spit it back into my f***ing face...THANKS MAN

marlon

14. Oct 19, 2006 #13
    My trick is to make sure that my fingers are going in opposite directions at the top of the loop. The rest takes care of itself.

15. Oct 19, 2006 #14
    indeed, that's how i do it myself...

marlon

16. Oct 19, 2006 #15
    Haha that is a great one, but i cannot do it.

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?