Can you guys who got admitted post their "Why <univ>" essays

In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for examples of "Why I" or "Why this university is for me" essays from admitted students at top universities such as MiT and Stanford. They explain that in their country, admission is based solely on merit and they are not accustomed to the American system of considering all aspects of an applicant. They also mention their lack of extracurricular activities and ask for understanding and assistance rather than just being spoon-fed material.
Adjax
Hello PhysicsForum Community,
I know the questions seems to be weird but can you guys who have been admitted to MiT,STanford,etc,care to upload their "Why I" or "Why this ,<univ> is for me" essay" (if guys have a copy with you) because country I belong to have a different education than one here.In my country everything of admission process depends on the merit(ranks/score) unlike american universities where the account for every dimension of an applicant(in US, universities ask for recommendation letter which in my country are considered a bad practice and asking for letter is looked down upon)

So i am unused to this,I already googled a lot of stuff on this but after going through all of that I am still unable to write a decent essay ,and I think maybe I will be able to write better if I analyze example(essays of you guys)
Secondly,this essays are my best bet other than scores because all these years in our edu. system we have been rigged to focus on study and axing out 95+ marks ..no extra curricular,etc...(my mind becomes blank when they ask for hobbys or extra curriculars) and even now I can't afford to do much extra-curriculars

I hope you guys understand my predicament and see this question as a genuine call for help rather than asking for material for spoon-feeding

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the purpose of asking for "Why " essays from admitted students?

The purpose of asking for "Why " essays from admitted students is to gain insight into their motivations for choosing the university and to assess their fit for the institution. Admissions committees want to see if the student has done their research on the university and if they have a genuine interest in attending.

2. Are "Why " essays a required part of the admissions process?

Not all universities require "Why " essays as part of their admissions process. However, for those that do, it is an important component in evaluating the applicant's interest and fit for the school. It may also be used to differentiate between applicants with similar academic qualifications.

3. Is it ethical to share "Why " essays from admitted students?

It is generally not considered ethical to share "Why " essays from admitted students. These essays are personal and may contain sensitive information. It is also unfair to future applicants who will not have access to these essays, as it may give some students an advantage over others.

4. Can "Why " essays be used as a template for writing my own essay?

No, "Why " essays should not be used as a template for writing your own essay. These essays are meant to be personal and reflective of the individual's own experiences and motivations. Copying someone else's essay is considered plagiarism and can result in serious consequences.

5. What should I focus on when writing a "Why " essay?

When writing a "Why " essay, it is important to focus on your specific interests and goals that align with the university's values and offerings. Showcasing your research on the university and how it relates to your academic and career aspirations can help make your essay stand out. Additionally, highlighting any unique experiences or qualities that make you a good fit for the university can also be beneficial.